• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Say your guns get stolen....

LookoutUSMV

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
28   0
Reaction score
I got a question and hope I never have to find out the hard way.....say your home is broken into and they steal your guns...now if you have pictures of them and serial numbers, will insurance cover any of the cost?.....I have most of mine in the safe but a few are out and about...

I got a question and hope I never have to find out the hard way.....say your home is broken into and they steal your guns...now if you have pictures of them and serial numbers, will insurance cover any of the cost?.....I have most of mine in the safe but a few are out and about...

Yes they will. I experienced this not that long ago.

If the value exceeds a few thousand though, you are on the hook. Check your policy and call to confirm coverage.

Yep. Covered in FULL. Everything. I pay a lot every month but it gives me piece of mind. I dont leave guns out. Period. The only gun that is out of my safe is my carry piece. Other than that they are locked up in the safe.

This. Travelers a few months ago just sent out a policy change. If you dont have an extra amendment for "weapons" your normal policy will not cover it. Gotta pay extra. Much more extra.

And if you do replacement versus value it's higher as well. Pulled my policy from my previous insurer because of "clauses"

Back
Top Bottom