SB350 signed into law in GA - Return of seized firearms

itsme_timd

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
0   0
Reaction score
Some of you may have already heard this or received the email from NRA, figured I'd share it for those that haven't heard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On May 3, Georgia Governor Nathan Deal (R) signed SB 350 into law. Senate Bill 350, which went into effect immediately upon the Governor’s approval, ensures protection for seized firearms.
SB 350 mandates municipal, county and state police authorities return all seized firearms, not currently being held as evidence in a criminal investigation, to the lawful owner if able. If the lawful owner is not found or unable to take possession of the firearm, SB 350 requires these agencies sell these firearms at a public auction to licensed firearms dealers. Previous Georgia law allowed for seized guns to be immediately destroyed. SB 350 prevents the wasteful and expensive practice of destroying firearms that could be sold to federally licensed firearms dealers.

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/display/20112012/SB/350

thats music to my ears, this should make alot of people happy assuming the owners are known and thier guns not just sold at auction for profit

Well, the original owners will never "be found" cause they won't look.....one of my local gunshops get almost all of his used guns from seized guns from the local police and sheriff department. But he turns around and sells them cheap too so it's a win win....let me rephrase that, it was a win win, till he sold the place. New people your lucky if you get a hello coming in the door and they ask HIGHER THAN NEW prices for beat to crap used stuff....I honestly don't know how their doors are still open.

Well, the original owners will never "be found" cause they won't look.....one of my local gunshops get almost all of his used guns from seized guns from the local police and sheriff department. But he turns around and sells them cheap too so it's a win win....let me rephrase that, it was a win win, till he sold the place. New people your lucky if you get a hello coming in the door and they ask HIGHER THAN NEW prices for beat to crap used stuff....I honestly don't know how their doors are still open.
daves ?

that sounds great few things hurt my heart, one of those things are a government agency destroying good guns when it could be sold to lawful citizens

guns deserve a second chance to be with a good owner, and hope tthese guns go t public auction instead of dealer only, my dad used ot go to a car auction and all the good cars were bundled up for dealers only while the crap cars were a option to bid for the individual

the agencys will do the bare minimum to look for the owner though. i hope i get proved wrong

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom