• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SB350 signed into law in GA - Return of seized firearms

Maybe I'm paranoid...is anyone else worried that you might buy one of these guns completely legally through a dealer who gets it at one of these auctions...but there's a glitch in the system and if a cop runs the numbers, it still comes back as being used in a crime?

Maybe I'm paranoid...is anyone else worried that you might buy one of these guns completely legally through a dealer who gets it at one of these auctions...but there's a glitch in the system and if a cop runs the numbers, it still comes back as being used in a crime?

It's a trap!

on a more serious note i would not be worried about it, it will probably be bought in lots by dealers and you will be able to have bill of sale and receipt when buying them, the dealers will make sure nothing goes wrong i am sure they don't want to get in trouble either

Last edited:

Just what I was thinking!

If you have the paper work showing that you bought it from a dealer then why would you be at fault?

If you have the paper work showing that you bought it from a dealer then why would you be at fault?

Well, eventually I'm sure you could work it out eventually- but I seriously doubt a LEO would let you walk away once he sees a problem with a gun in your possession. I'm sure it would be OK once everything was sorted out, but in the meanwhile, you'd probably get to enjoy the view from his backseat.

Back
Top Bottom