• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBR Suppressed Questions

TacticalJeebus

Default rank 5000+ posts
Yes, it’s Jesus with an AR15.
489   0
Reaction score
So I'm sure this question has been asked many a time, however my case is different because its me and I don't want to search for the answer.

I have 2 10.5" 5.56 SBRs, one that i plan on running suppressed a decent amount (MK18) because its my every day rifle. My cans should be back this month (July 11th File Date), and I'll be running a Specwar 762 a lot. I know that I have a lot of back pressure, however I want just a little less gas to the face.

I'm skeptical about a adjustable BCG because I won't always run it suppressed. Piston is out of the question, at least for this SBR. Would a gas busting charging handle really work that well, and what if i want one that is ambi? Am I being too picky at this point?

Also, while on the topic, what do you guys use for removing your hot suppressor from your rifle/pistol? I have an Osprey 45 as well.

I have these... http://www.griffinarmament.com/SNACH-charging-Handle-p/snach.htm

ove gloves...duh

upload_2017-5-15_15-57-9.png

I have tried the DIY gas buster and also the Geissele super charging handle. I like the Geissele because its ambi and feels strong, it looks like a Raptor but it has a high back to matches up to the upper suppose to block the gas back I still get it to the face.

I want to try the PRI Gasbuster handle. I'll be getting one for my MK12 build would like to see how it does but I dont have a lot of confidence in these things.

Install adjustable gas blocks on them..My Scar 17 comes from the factory with one..I shoot an AAC 762 SDN on the 300,308, and the 223..Oh and by the way the 30 cal can on the 223 is quieter than the 223 can.
The goal would to be something I don't have to adjust when not shooting suppressed. I got a 30 cal can so it would be a little quieter!

Back
Top Bottom