SC death row inmates now have a choice

Attachments

• E1B18611-D982-4016-ADBE-3F814876BB6D.png
    E1B18611-D982-4016-ADBE-3F814876BB6D.png
    413.1 KB · Views: 22
Well, lethal injection's aren't a reliable choice anymore since the leftist criminal-coddling retards are pressuring the drug industry to stop selling the drugs needed to kill by lethal injection, and threatening them with legal action.

If a state doesn't have its own fully in-state drug lab to make the death potions, it should fall back to tried and true methods that don't require outsourcing the components or tools.
Electricity works.
So do guns.
And axes and swords. Saudi Arabia is famous for taking the heads off violent felons and repeat thieves, with a sword.
And baseball bats to the noggin should be an approved backup plan-- Plan B.

I was previously pro-death penalty, but as I grew older and wiser, as well as more and more against big government, I have started changing my opinion of it. If we look back over the last 50 years, 185 people have been exonerated from death row. That's 185 people that would have had their lives taken unjustly at the hands of the state. I'm really not a fan of giving the state the power to take lives, at the chance that even one may be absolved of guilt.

Additionally, look at just how well the government has the ability to screw the pooch on things as small as a pothole in the road. Are these the people we really want to give the power of death to?

Well, lethal injection's aren't a reliable choice anymore since the leftist criminal-coddling retards are pressuring the drug industry to stop selling the drugs needed to kill by lethal injection, and threatening them with legal action.

If a state doesn't have its own fully in-state drug lab to make the death potions, it should fall back to tried and true methods that don't require outsourcing the components or tools.
Electricity works.
So do guns.
And axes and swords. Saudi Arabia is famous for taking the heads off violent felons and repeat thieves, with a sword.
And baseball bats to the noggin should be an approved backup plan-- Plan B.

Without going into the morality or correctness of our legal system (it's a legal system, not a "justice" system) here's a truth:

Most of the medications used in lethal injection are used every day in the thousands if not millions of anesthetics administered throughout the US, and the world.

Also, having to "stick" someone multiple times to place an IV is not cruel. It happens every day with obese people, and sometimes just with elderly people whose veins are friable, and sometimes with just average normal people. Having to place a peripheral IV or even a central line in someone's neck is not cruel and unusual. There are days that I've had to place an IV into multiple patients' external jugular veins in order to administer anesthesia. Some of those patients may have been a little freaked out, but it doesn't hurt anymore than getting an IV in the hand or elbow.

Place an IV, give the condemned some versed so they get mellow, then some lidocaine to "numb" the vein, push a large dose of propofol (or any IV anesthetic) to ease them into an anesthetic state, follow with a narcotic to slow and stop the breathing, maybe add potassium chloride to stop the heart. All these drugs are cheap and effective.

There is nothing cruel or unusual about giving IV meds to stop a condemned person from breathing or to stop their heart. There is no pain involved. If you think otherwise then you must believe that everyone that undergoes anesthesia is suffering. And anyone whose had a colonoscopy will tell you that it's "the best sleep" they've ever had.

Lawyers should fight the injustices of the wrongfully accused and/or sentenced. Saying that inducing death via anesthesia is "cruel" not only flies in the face of modern science and healthcare, it is plain stupid.

Back
Top Bottom