• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scar 17

He started out with 168grn match ammo (I think it was FGMM, but not 100% sure) and had issues stabilizing it around the 800yd mark.....it shot fine up until then. Much past 800yds it was all over the place.

I floated him some M118LR (that's a 175grn load) and it straightened right up. No issues hitting the steel between 800-1,000yds.

This is not a SCAR-specific issue. I've seen it in numerous rifles over the years. Folks ask me if they will be able to reach 1,000yds with 168grn match and I just shrug and say, "Maybe". Never know until you try it.

I've run 168's to 1,000yds+ more than once, but in some rifles it ain't gonna work. 175's, on the other hand, always work.
Thanks for the info on the ammo issues.

That was not the in the plan the day I walked in there, but we have all heard "you need this". #1 line in all gun shops, but the guys there are a great bunch of people and their prices are about as good as anywhere most of the time
I'll say this and get off Dude's thread ; they are my go to if ODT don't have what I'm looking for. Great selection & Great Folks

Probably going with a 17s. Just waiting for the right deal on gunbroker since people here seem to think they are worth significantly more than retail. Thanks guys!

Probably going with a 17s. Just waiting for the right deal on gunbroker since people here seem to think they are worth significantly more than retail. Thanks guys!

Yea.. There's only 1 on Gunbroker $3,199 starting offer, and a Buy now of $3,599.. Good luck finding any cheaper....

Take your time and thangs will work out. ODT,slickguns, cherokee gun&pawn, ga gun store
Saw a 16s on here sell for $1600 a while back

Back
Top Bottom