• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SCAR 17s for $1000 less than typical ODT pricing

I can tell by your comment you have never shot one. Please try one first. I think you would see why they are an addiction... Well worth every penny and will only continue to climb in value...and simply if you have a high end gun you don't run low end glass.
From what I've read on forums from people that have supposedly owned them, is that it's a 50/50 toss up like any other gun. Like saying Glock is the best gun on the planet.

Thought I wanted a sig mpx till I held one.
Different strokes for folks. It looks overly built to me. If I want light weight I'll buy an AR if I want a mud gun I'll get an AK and if I want distance I'll pick up a bolt gun. At 3k i could get all 3 and ammo. If this rifle fills all those rolls better than what I've mentioned, then I guess I'll have to get one. Just don't understand why they haven't put everyone else out of business.

From what I've read on forums from people that have supposedly owned them, is that it's a 50/50 toss up like any other gun. Like saying Glock is the best gun on the planet.

Thought I wanted a sig mpx till I held one.
Different strokes for folks. It looks overly built to me. If I want light weight I'll buy an AR if I want a mud gun I'll get an AK and if I want distance I'll pick up a bolt gun. At 3k i could get all 3 and ammo. If this rifle fills all those rolls better than what I've mentioned, then I guess I'll have to get one. Just don't understand why they haven't put everyone else out of business.

So you haven't shot one....But have read forums...

For one they kick a lot less, the bolt handle can be placed on either side, the gas tube is adjustable for suppressors, the stock butt can be folded forward and when extended can be adjusted short or long. Just for a start.

For one they kick a lot less, the bolt handle can be placed on either side, the gas tube is adjustable for suppressors, the stock butt can be folded forward and when extended can be adjusted short or long. Just for a start.

Really valid points also, pull the bolt out and its massive.. It absorbs all the recoil. My wife shoots my SCAR and runs it well. Other than being heavier than our AR's, it has a little more recoil. I also would have to add that of all the Guns tested by the Military, the SCAR H was selected for special forces..

That in itself speaks volumes...

Really valid points also, pull the bolt out and its massive.. It absorbs all the recoil. My wife shoots my SCAR and runs it well. Other than being heavier than our AR's, it has a little more recoil. I also would have to add that of all the Guns tested by the Military, the SCAR H was selected for special forces..

The bolt weights about 1 1/2 lbs with a total weight of around 8lbs unloaded, I am very pleased with mine

Good points - I guess just not features I'm willing to pay for since I'm not going to Afghanistan. Nice rifles, for sure.

So you haven't shot one....But have read forums...
You don't read forums? hmm
You don't watch reviews on YouTube?
ok if you say so. Me however, I read reviews, watch reviews and browse forums on any gun I consider buying. When possible I visit gun shows to fondle the weapon and if it happens to be at a range when I shoot, I'll shoot it.

I haven't seen any at the range so they are either rare, over priced or not all that great. Not sure which one or possibly all.

I'm right handed so could care less about moving anything from side to side. Glock won a contract, doesn't make them a must own gun.

You don't read forums? hmm
You don't watch reviews on YouTube?
ok if you say so. Me however, I read reviews, watch reviews and browse forums on any gun I consider buying. When possible I visit gun shows to fondle the weapon and if it happens to be at a range when I shoot, I'll shoot it.

I haven't seen any at the range so they are either rare, over priced or not all that great. Not sure which one or possibly all.

I'm right handed so could care less about moving anything from side to side.

Yea that it... They are over priced and not all that great....

Back
Top Bottom