• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scary Trade Today....

Man I'm working the action and confirming any weapon is unloaded way before I get around to popping take down pins or slide retention levers on any firearm.

I should have. No doubt.. took the ultimate shortcut since we were in public. I did pull back the charging handle once broken down.

Wow. Yeah I would have checked its status first. Then I would have just sat there looking at him. I would have verified no ammunition was around , asked for the one round back to "inspect" it, handed them back the rifle and rolled out faster than you can say "we doing the deal" . No thanks! You are a rolling accident waiting to happen and Id want to get as far away as possible.

Was the gun listed with or with out ammo. If it was with out it should have been empty, but if it was with ammo it should have been loaded and ready to rock & roll. And always point it at his car door and ask if it is a good shooter, than pull the trigger.

I've had loaded weapons handed to me at more than one meet. It's always sketchy when you pick up a pistol and the mags are all empty but there is a round in the chamber.

ALWAYS CHECK. Every. Single. Time.

That's why I share this. I bear fault....

As a courtesy when I hand someone a firearm I tend to work the action/lock the bolt/slide back to show it is unloaded. Or open the cylinder on a revolver. Unless it's at a M&G and we're standing in a circle and it's been fondled for the fifth time and hasn't left my sight. And then I still do it half the time.

Welcome to the club! Think about where we all usually meet. It's usually somewhere with lots of people around. Accidents happen and it makes your stomach turn when you realize what someone just casually handed you with so many people around.

As a courtesy when I hand someone a firearm I tend to work the action/lock the bolt/slide back to show it is unloaded. Or open the cylinder on a revolver. Unless it's at a M&G and we're standing in a circle and it's been fondled for the fifth time and hasn't left my sight. And then I still do it half the time.

Spoken Like a tru professional..

Back
Top Bottom