• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SCHOOL ME ON DRONES

mtnsmith

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
70   0
Reaction score
I need a drone, least expensive that will pull a light weight fishing line up to about 100 feet. I need to put a rope around a tree near a limb that is about 60 feet off the ground and I can throw a rock with a fishing line tied to it that high. I thought maybe I could get a drone that would pull the fishing line that high. I want the line to go above the lowest limb
on this tree:
P1020069.JPG

Thanks.

I need a drone, least expensive that will pull a light weight fishing line up to about 100 feet. I need to put a rope around a tree near a limb that is about 60 feet off the ground and I can throw a rock with a fishing line tied to it that high. I thought maybe I could get a drone that would pull the fishing line that high. I want the line to go above the lowest limb
on this tree:View attachment 1740738

Thanks.

Is this in kennesaw? I'm local and have a slingshot that will hit it.

Is this in kennesaw? I'm local and have a slingshot that will hit it.

I am 4 miles west of Kennesaw.
I also have the rest of the equipment to pull it over; come along, rigging rope, large chainsaw etc.

I don't mind helping if your local. I'm in kennesaw.

I think I have enough chains, and stuff to pull it. It leans slightly in the direction of a neighbor's house, but more in a good direction I want it to fall. It has been dead at least 4 years, red oak. Would probably be best to cut.

I would appreciate any help or advice you could give me. I have cut a lot of trees also, but getting almost too old to do it by myself.

I am 4 miles west of Kennesaw.

I think I have enough chains, and stuff to pull it. It leans slightly in the direction of a neighbor's house, but more in a good direction I want it to fall. It has been dead at least 4 years, red oak. Would probably be best to cut.

I would appreciate any help or advice you could give me. I have cut a lot of trees also, but getting almost too old to do it by myself.

I'm glad to help. I'm able this weekend if you're up to braving the heat for a few hours.

The come along is just for inducing lean in the direction you want. It's for a rope and works well. Not quite as strong as chains but it's served me well so far. If it's leaning bad wedges help a bunch while cutting it down.

Clean up is out of my wheel house lol. That's too much like work. :D

Back
Top Bottom