• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on e-file form 1.

First thing is to make an account on the ATF's page.

I didn't do mine on a trust so I can't help there.

You'll need to get passport photos and prints made.

Measure the length of what your SBR is going to be, this will go on the form.

Fill out the E-File, upload your passport pic, pay the $200 online through the site.

They will send you an email with a cover sheet to print out and a reference number. Fill out the cover sheet, and put your fingerprints in with that. I mailed mine registered mail so that it was signed for at every stop. I figure the $15 bucks or whatever is cheap insurance bc they HAVE to receive the prints within 10 days.

Also, make sure you check your junk/spam folder as I know people who have gotten their ATF email there.

Mine came back in 6 weeks which is longer than it has been taking most ppl. I know others that have been 4 weeks, and quite a few that have been under 2 weeks.

Can you do an efile with a trust? I did all of mine on paper, but that was the only option for me.
Atf makes no difference between trusts and individuals, other than all responsible partys being printed/photographed. I took a selfie after running 6 miles. I look wonderful.

You also need to send a letter to CLEO. I copied what silencer shop does and mailed it to Chris Carr, AG for the state.

where do you guys get the fingerprint cards? what is an acceptable passport style photo? can I use a cell phone?

My LGS does fingerprints and passport pics for $40. The efile process will have you mail the prints. I took a picture of my passport style pic with my phone and uploaded that to the efile. It did tell me my file was too large, and since I'm not a computer genius, I emailed the pic to myself and then uploaded it because emailing it automatically resizes the file.

also...how do I determine overall length? not sure what stock im goin with.

This I'm not sure about. I SBR'd a folding stock AK so I already knew the length.

also...how do I determine overall length? not sure what stock im goin with.
What I found online and was told, is basically account for 19” plus whatever barrel length your going with. I went with a 11.5” barrel so my OAL on my form one was 30.5”. From my understanding it’s measured with stock fully extended.
And for my pictures, I downloaded a pass port photo app that sixes them for you and it’s actually easy to use. Basically find a white background, put your face where it tells you on the screen and that’s it.

Back
Top Bottom