• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

school me on watches

runs on body movement?
Yeah basically a self winder. The fancy term is Automatic Movement. As far as holding value Rolex is probably the correct comment. But before you get sticker shock remember that prices for other brands of high end watches get even stupider than Rolex.
I like the ones made in Russia by Vostock. They are almost all self winders. But they're not anywhere close to investment pieces. If I were you I really wouldn't look at a mid to high end watch as an investment but just a treat for yourself. I'd love to have an all stainless Rolex Sub or Explorer 2 . But $5K at the low end ain't something I could close my wife on. But when I grow up and get my cushy office job I'll get one just because. That's the way you have to look at it. Like " Because I deserve it. THAT'S why"

Yeah basically a self winder. The fancy term is Automatic Movement. As far as holding value Rolex is probably the correct comment. But before you get sticker shock remember that prices for other brands of high end watches get even stupider than Rolex.
I like the ones made in Russia by Vostock. They are almost all self winders. But they're not anywhere close to investment pieces. If I were you I really wouldn't look at a mid to high end watch as an investment but just a treat for yourself. I'd love to have an all stainless Rolex Sub or Explorer 2 . But $5K at the low end ain't something I could close my wife on. But when I grow up and get my cushy office job I'll get one just because. That's the way you have to look at it. Like " Because I deserve it. THAT'S why"
Right. Rich folks consider Rolex a nice buy, good for the money like a Seiko, I **** you not. They're all about Audemars, Patek, a Mille, Vacheron. Look at those watches and then realize one sells every minute or so.

Right. Rich folks consider Rolex a nice buy, good for the money like a Seiko, I **** you not. They're all about Audemars, Patek, a Mille, Vacheron. Look at those watches and then realize one sells every minute or so.
Who was the company that made the Royal Oak I believe it was? That and the Hublot Big Bang are my favorites. Now I do like a plain old Omega Seamaster too. But then again I'm cheap and easy.:becky:

true, but i just dont have thqat kinda cash laying around lol

nice watch though

I've lived the last many years with two watches to my name and I use to collect them.

A Timex fast wrap for when I figure I can be incredibly hard on a watch and a Rolex DateJust.
My life is much simpler now, lol.

Dad left me the Rolex and there's very few occasions that it isn't the watch to be worn.
Whether you're wearing khaki's or a tux it fits the occasion.
It looks just like this picture and put an end to my watch collection of a few Breitlings and quite a few Seiko's.
I like it a lot, because it's not too flashy.
Rolex-Datejust-16013-Silver.jpg

Who was the company that made the Royal Oak I believe it was? That and the Hublot Big Bang are my favorites. Now I do like a plain old Omega Seamaster too. But then again I'm cheap and easy.:becky:
Audemars makes the Royal Oak, and stay away from Hublot. Basically Biver copied Audemars and made the Big Bang from Hublot, but they use an ETA movement, not even an in house movement. You will always lose money on anything but Rolex or Patek, that's my 2 cents.

Audemars makes the Royal Oak, and stay away from Hublot. Basically Biver copied Audemars and made the Big Bang from Hublot, but they use an ETA movement, not even an in house movement. You will always lose money on anything but Rolex or Patek, that's my 2 cents.
Okay well Dibbs on your old scratched up one.:cool: But seriously that's why I don't spend money on stupid **** like Ray Bans, Yetis, etc. There's zero value on the back end of those big brand name consumables. I have e two Versace silk ties along with some Cole Haan loafers and Johnston and Murphy wingtips I paid good money for when I worked at car lots. $100.00 for one tie. Now they're packed away and i hope I never ha e to wear them or them painful shoes again. That's just money I wasted on a brand name with no resale value. I wish I had been this smart when I was actually making some money.

Okay well Dibbs on your old scratched up one.:cool: But seriously that's why I don't spend money on stupid **** like Ray Bans, Yetis, etc. There's zero value on the back end of those big brand name consumables. I have e two Versace silk ties along with some Cole Haan loafers and Johnston and Murphy wingtips I paid good money for when I worked at car lots. $100.00 for one tie. Now they're packed away and i hope I never ha e to wear them or them painful shoes again. That's just money I wasted on a brand name with no resale value. I wish I had been this smart when I was actually making some money.

I agree with all of those 1000% exxccceepppttt one and that's cause god I love my ray bans and because I actually had to pay something decent for them I actually always keep up with them unlike any other pair I've ever owned and lost in a week

Back
Top Bottom