• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scope for new rifle

gunsNgold

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
7   0
Reaction score
Need a new scope for .338 Win Mag I plan on taking out west I’d like to have 4-12 or 4.5-14 power in 50mm your idea's would be appreciated. I've looked at Swarovski, Ziess, Leupold, and Nikon any other brands y’all recommend don't tell me to get a BSA Simmons or Tasco please. Is there another brand to look at I just want more options. I like the Nikon Buckmaster the most so far, would yall recommend it?

I have always used nikkon. I have a monarch gold on my remi 700 vtr 5r now that is in 50mm and i say it is worth every penny. If you would like to try the scope out, let me know...
I have also used the buckmaster with the bdc and it too is a great scope especially for the money!

For my money Leupold offers fantastic scopes at a fair price. That being said I also own and am pleased with some Nikon's, Burris', and Zeiss'. One feature I'm really starting to fall in love with is side focus. It may not be all that practical for hunting but for bench work it's hard to beat. I recently purchased a Zeiss from Midway with the Z reticle and am very, very pleased with it. It is as good or better than my VX-lll's, plus they are on sale right now at Midway. I am also staring to worry less about the 40-50mm objectives and more about scope quality. I've come to the conclusion that any quality scope provides me plenty of light for those first and last minutes of shooting time.

It's way more power than you'll likely need in a scope for hunting deer or elk. Make sure to carry good binoculars though.

As for scopes a good VX 3 is tough to beat. Even out west my scope runs @ 6X for larger game apps.

Chucks got it....

spend some $$ on a pair of good binoculars . you'll spend more time with these than your scope...

3 x 9 x 40 is more than enough for out west...just buy a quality scope..the 338 can kill a scope pretty quickly

Vortex Viper
Leupold vx 3
nikon Monarch
sightron SII bigsky
Ziess Conquest
Minox Za3

don't go cheap,...just remember what you're paying for the trip of a life time....

P.S. take a backup Rifle

Is a BSA sweet 30-06 a decent marketable scope? I'v got someone trying to trade that scope for a non gun related item. If I could sell the scope for around 150.00 that be comparable to my item? It's brand new and never installed. Any help is appreciated. Thx in advance

Back
Top Bottom