• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

scope full of brown

The deal with lower end scopes is the clarity falls apart toward the end of legal shooting light. Two lower end scopes that might fit the bill are the Swift 2-7x40 and Bushnell 1.5-6x. I would order them with a credit card, test them out to see if they last as late in the evening as you do. If they don't you can just send them back.

Swift is good glass...very underrated. I pulled a monarch off my Rem700 .308 in favor of a Swift. I have a few low powered scopes on ARs...can't really pick a favorite. I have an Eotech, an Aimpoint covering my no magnification rifles. Then I have a Nikon M-223 1-4x ...love the turrets. And a Leatherman Hi-Lux 1.5-6 on another one. The only higher power scoped AR has a 3-12 powered M-223 Nikon...again...love those turrets. By turrets, I mean the adjustment knobs, not the syndrome that makes people twitch or blurt out profanity.

Most of my hunting rifles sport 3-9 powered scopes. I keep them at 3 because if an animal is close enough for 3, then he's too close for me to risk the movement to adjust where if I need 9, he's likely far enough away to where the movement won't be detected. I don't recall 3 power ever being a problem of being too much magnification to line up a kill shot.

Back
Top Bottom