• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Segregated Prom?? You have got to be kidding me.

07JKX

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
106   0
Reaction score
Way to go Wilcox, GA... still "private" segregation. What a bunch a backwards fools. I am glad a generation has fought back against their elders traditions. They will be more well rounded and able to function in mainstream society... as for the rest of wilcox... I think ODT Member Ironhead posted a song earlier that would sum a up a fitting solution.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/30/living/wilcox-integrated-prom/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Ya know...they don't even need to come all the way to 2013...if they could just get to the 1980s, that'd be great.

Way to go Wilcox, GA... still "private" segregation. What a bunch a backwards fools. I am glad a generation has fought back against their elders traditions. They will be more well rounded and able to function in mainstream society... as for the rest of wilcox... I think ODT Member Ironhead posted a song earlier that would sum a up a fitting solution.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/30/living/wilcox-integrated-prom/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

In the original story it was the kids, not the parents that wanted to maintain the segregation...

Here's the thing that irritates me about this story. The school has caught a ration of crap about this....but the school system got out of the prom business forever ago. The segregation occurred at private functions.

I don't agree with the segregation, but its the students, not the school.

in small towns there's black churches and white churches, black bars and white bars, white neighborhoods and black neighborhoods, black car shows and white car shows, black bbq joints and white bbq joints. Hell in my town there's 2 Big Chick restaurants less then a mile from each other. black folks go to one and white folks go to the other. I've never been to wilcox but I wouldn't paint the entire town racist just because cnn told me they was. If the school in my town quit doing prom, i'm pretty sure it would soon become segregated. Not because were all racist (although there's plenty that are there still the minority) because one would play more country/rock and the other rap/hiphop.

I understand that its a private party, NOT supported by school, or any form of goverment. If I have a party, I should be able to invite whomever I want without some yahoo playing the race card. BTW..........Black ms America? Black college fund? Black history mo? List goes on...... But then, i guess the whites did that as well. I don't consider myself a racist, but I know a few and they are black.

Back
Top Bottom