• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seizures

Hey guys , I haven’t been on last couple of days. Been having more seizures!
I can’t figure this crap out and docs don’t have any answers worth a crap. All I can say is this sh*t is getting way frustrating.
All I do is sleep. I can’t stay awake more than like 30 mins, it seems.…. And only a few times a day.
If anyone out there has any ideas, been through this or anything like it, doctors they know that specialize in stuff like this…..please PM me or put some info in this thread.
Thanks in advance - Ken/ 41mag :tongue:

This may be farfetched but has there been any suggestions on diet? There are obviously infinite reasons why seizures occur so I wouldn't know where to begin or I'd be rich because I was a doctor. However, I know diet isn't a cure but it does help with a lot of ailments. I wish you the very best and look forward to meeting you at the M&G at Sonny's.

This may be farfetched but has there been any suggestions on diet? There are obviously infinite reasons why seizures occur so I wouldn't know where to begin or I'd be rich because I was a doctor. However, I know diet isn't a cure but it does help with a lot of ailments. I wish you the very best and look forward to meeting you at the M&G at Sonny's.
Thanks for the info/suggestions. It is something I will look into.
Heck, right now I am willing to try almost anything to keep these damned things at bay.
They damn sure wear your ass out !

More of these damned seizures ! - WTF ?!
Docs have no real answers, the meds suck, all I can do is sleep it seems. Bahhh !! It’s enough to drive you crazy.
(Although I hope that doesn’t become a side effect, I am already cray cray enough !).
I am lost , cannot figure this crap out. I have been trying different stuff, looking at things like diet, etc., I have no damned idea.
I know when these things hit me , I stay lost for a couple of days it seems. Usually sleep so much after, that I get worried.
I do know that this stuff bites the big one ! It really sux.
If anybody has experienced ANYTHING like this and knows any good docs that can give me some advice or whatever- please chime in here or hit me up private if you want . I would very much appreciate it !
Thanks !
Ken - aka: 41mag

Please take this advice with only my best wishes for a healthier you. If you are a smoker, STOP. Your brain can not get the oxygen it needs if you are smoking. I wish you the very best .

Hey Ken. Hate this ****s still going on and hate to be cliche but have you tried cannabis for the seizures?
As much as I really hate to say….I have had more of that stuff than one should ! Lol. Not nec for the seizures but for recreational. As I grew older I have been sort of laying off of it, I don’t buy it anymore (expensive as hell !!) and can’t really grow it without worry of getting caught and having my gun rights taken away but I may get back into it on a “down low basis”….if there is such ! Lol.
I have heard there are good effects on the use of it for seizures. I guess I need to look up some old friends ! :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Here lately I have had a mess of these damned things (seizures) and it is screwing with me in a bad way. It takes weeks to seem to come back to ‘reality’ from them….I have no energy, drive or will to do any damned thing after episodes.
Hopefully they are gone for a while. It has been a couple of weeks now - I am hating the meds they have me on but am taking them.
They just don’t hit once and go away either…when they hit it is like multiples and over a couple of days/weeks it seems ! At least that is what happened this last couple of times.
This last round has done the most damage to my memory than the other times , I think. There are things I try to recall that I am finding out happened or was “settled” months and years ago, this time. I am asking so many questions this time it is getting irritating to the wife, so I have backed off 😔. She goes through so damned much, I hate it !
I seem to be sleeping an awful lot again. Like last time but much more intense, I guess. This is according to notes.
I try to make records of these things.
Ok….just wanted to vent a little….thanks for all the well wishes and advice ! You folks are an awful great group of gun nuts and I will always remember that !! :)

Here lately I have had a mess of these damned things (seizures) and it is screwing with me in a bad way. It takes weeks to seem to come back to ‘reality’ from them….I have no energy, drive or will to do any damned thing after episodes.
Hopefully they are gone for a while. It has been a couple of weeks now - I am hating the meds they have me on but am taking them.
They just don’t hit once and go away either…when they hit it is like multiples and over a couple of days/weeks it seems ! At least that is what happened this last couple of times.
This last round has done the most damage to my memory than the other times , I think. There are things I try to recall that I am finding out happened or was “settled” months and years ago, this time. I am asking so many questions this time it is getting irritating to the wife, so I have backed off 😔. She goes through so damned much, I hate it !
I seem to be sleeping an awful lot again. Like last time but much more intense, I guess. This is according to notes.
I try to make records of these things.
Ok….just wanted to vent a little….thanks for all the well wishes and advice ! You folks are an awful great group of gun nuts and I will always remember that !! :)
Sounds like a rough road you're on right now. Hope you get to feeling better. Now from reading the comments I know cannabis was already suggested. But have you tried eatables? I had a friend years ago out in Oregon who suffered from constant seizures his whole life. Had multiple brain surgeries and nothing helped until they started giving him very potent thc/cbd eatables. He still couldn't drive and obviously forgot stuff all the time because he was high from that stuff but he said it changed his life. Im not one to use that stuff so I don't know much about it. I also don't know if Georgia allows medical marijuana at all. Never looked into it. Just another option to try out if you can. Prayers to you and your family.

My brother in law just totalled his car from a seizure. He was ok, and not driving anymore. He was just diagnosed with MS, and they're working on getting him on the correct medication.

Sounds like a rough road you're on right now. Hope you get to feeling better. Now from reading the comments I know cannabis was already suggested. But have you tried eatables? I had a friend years ago out in Oregon who suffered from constant seizures his whole life. Had multiple brain surgeries and nothing helped until they started giving him very potent thc/cbd eatables. He still couldn't drive and obviously forgot stuff all the time because he was high from that stuff but he said it changed his life. Im not one to use that stuff so I don't know much about it. I also don't know if Georgia allows medical marijuana at all. Never looked into it. Just another option to try out if you can. Prayers to you and your family.
Never tried the eatables….. only smoked it . A good bit in the teen years, a fair amount throughout my 20’s-30’s …..then tapered off . I picked it up from time to time socially but started back some last year when I had a few attacks. Could not tell if it done any good or not. They say it does.
I can take it or leave it.
I do know the stuff is so frigging expensive and hard to find now ! I guess that is everything though. lol.
I don’t think GA allows it at all…medically or anything. I am sure someone else will chime in that knows.

Back
Top Bottom