• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seller beware

tons and tons of people take vehicles (usually motorcycles) to meet buyers and 99% of the time it's a scam. if the person is actually interested in the vehicle, meet them somewhere of your choosing, and never leave keys in it or let the person ride/drive the vehicle. I've seen way too many stories of dirt bikes being stolen this way (i"ll gives you your asking price or more if you bring it to my location). If they can't transport it, they don't need it. or transport it and leave it locked to the trailer until you have cash in hand.

I hate to say it but sometimes we got to think like a thief , to get their options .

I learned my lesson growing up in NW ATL , I let a Kid ' Burrow' my Huffy while at the ball field to ride to the store .
Well ??? He never came back , it was not worth $10.500 but at age 11 it's was devastating & embarrassing .

I learned a good lesson that Spring & walked everywhere until the next Christmas.

Sucks he got rolled like that, but it's even better he didn't get hurt in the process. Big red flag on the walking up, never seen that one before.

I'll add, itsounds like a pro job. He didnt use a weapon or threats which would have increased police interest in funding said person. Car theft and car jacking illicit different responses.

A update to this. So the stolen Polaris has been recovered in South Carolina, I went and picked it up 2 weeks ago. We were very thankful to the officer for following up and running down the owner of the vehicle and calling the sheriff in the county my son lives and getting contact info. It was only luck that got it back, a disturbance call turned into several stolen vehicles being recovered in Rock Hill S.C.. The detective in Atlanta never listed it on the stolen property hot sheet but good police work and some calls solved the case.

Back
Top Bottom