• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seller refuses to do PMs

To invoke the extensive ODT consumer protection package, we are supposed to detail a deal with PMs. And I'm totally o.k. with that. Works for me.

But how do you deal with a seller that refuses to do PM, and insists on communicating off site?

Depends on his feedback and how bad I want the item.

Personally I wouldn't deal with them. Like stated before me....if they can post an ad they know how to use the PM function.

i like pm and then talk. do the deal in pm,then talk on the phone. then make the meet.
i want a voice and phone number i can call. if one of us gets stuck in traffic,then we can let the other know.
i do agree that a deal in pm is necessary but actually talking to the person is a must.

Absolutely this. Some folks have busy lives, personally I travel a lot and text is the easiest way to nail down meets sometimes. However, I think every deal should start in pm, just may not stay there.

That is more what I meant. I always pm the details and then we can move on to text messages. I wouldn't feel comfortable starting a deal via text and no pm.

How many PM's do you need ? I have sent at least 3 sellers here a PM that says "I will take it" and my number. That should have been the end of PM's. All 3 sold the item to other buyers . Two guys drug me on for days like they were running an auction. It does not take 20 pms to buy and item unless no pics or a vague description or more details are needed. A good example would be a recent truck ad with no information.

How many PM's do you need ? I have sent at least 3 sellers here a PM that says "I will take it" and my number. That should have been the end of PM's. All 3 sold the item to other buyers . Two guys drug me on for days like they were running an auction. It does not take 20 pms to buy and item unless no pics or a vague description or more details are needed. A good example would be a recent truck ad with no information.

Can't answer that question. Had the same thing happen several times. PM "I'll take it for the asking price, let me know when and where to pick it up." Crickets.

Back
Top Bottom