• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seller refuses to do PMs

if he will not deal in pm then he won't have any negs.
This is exactly correct.

There is a member here I have dealt with recently who has good feedback....but he is backing out if deals left and right from what I am being told by other good respected members.

I sent him a pm and he immediately said to text him to move forward with the deal...so I did. Set it all up and came back to pm and sent him one with all of the info we set up via text (place date time)...

He answered that pm via text. I told him I was confirming everything through pm's. He didn't back out of that deal

He knows what he is doing. He has multiple buyers in the hook at the same time setting up meets with 2 or more folks at the same time...he just is waiting on higher offers to come along.

IMG_20170723_172107.jpg
No more unless ones I've dealt with in paste!

This is exactly correct.

There is a member here I have dealt with recently who has good feedback....but he is backing out if deals left and right from what I am being told by other good respected members.

I sent him a pm and he immediately said to text him to move forward with the deal...so I did. Set it all up and came back to pm and sent him one with all of the info we set up via text (place date time)...

He answered that pm via text. I told him I was confirming everything through pm's. He didn't back out of that deal

He knows what he is doing. He has multiple buyers in the hook at the same time setting up meets with 2 or more folks at the same time...he just is waiting on higher offers to come along.
This is allowed????

This is exactly correct.

This kind of behavior makes me sick...

This is allowed????

Some sellers are putting it in their ads.

Apparently it's not an ODT violation to say that you won't use ODT pm, even though ODT requires PM to document sale/negative.

Just seems to me that with all the rules about making a negative stick, putting it up front n your ad that you won't do PMs certainly violates the spirit of the rules.

So it falls back on the purchaser to decide if the deal is that good.

I prefer to give my phone number to the other party and use text messages to finalize the deal.
It's easier to send additional pics (if requested) directly via text messages on a smart phone.
But if you have time to log-in to ODT and make a note via PM's, you can do that too.

Something like:

"Hey dude, I know we've been texting for a couple of days, but I just want to confirm we're going to meet at the Stop-N-Rob on Main St. and M.L.K. Blvd. for the deal tomorrow night, and if the gun scares the clerk enough to get us at least tree-fiddy bux, it's a done deal."

Back
Top Bottom