• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling a new suppressor?

ASH556

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
125   0
Reaction score
Let's say that I had a suppressor that had arrived from the manufacturer to the dealer, but now I've decided I don't want it. I purchased it directly from the manufacturer and have a "paid in full" receipt/invoice. Feasibly, could I post an ad here for sale, have the buyer pay me for the suppressor, and then it would be up to them to complete the form 4 through the dealer? Anyone ever done such a thing?

Thanks!

ask the dealer if he wants to buy it. Super easy if its on a form 3. You can sell it to any dealer in the country if its on a Form 3. Form 4's take way more time

i'd sell it and have the dealer form 4 it to the buyer, or form 3 to a different dealer if the buyer isn't local.

you'd also have to work something out with the buyer since this would qualify for the $200 rebate from AAC - either on giving them the rebate voucher, or compensating some other way since they would come out cheaper buying from aac or a dealer and getting the $200 rebate

i'd sell it and have the dealer form 4 it to the buyer, or form 3 to a different dealer if the buyer isn't local.

you'd also have to work something out with the buyer since this would qualify for the $200 rebate from AAC - either on giving them the rebate voucher, or compensating some other way since they would come out cheaper buying from aac or a dealer and getting the $200 rebate

Yeah, I haven't pursued the voucher thing. Although, for the price they'd get it for, they might just have to overlook it ;).

Back
Top Bottom