• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling Suppressors Not In-Stock?

Before its sent in for your stamp the manufacturer or distributor has to send it to the dealer. A dealer can sell an item they dont have, order it from their supplier at which point the serial number is selected for that order. Form 3 is filed, item is sent to the dealer and then you begin the Form 4 process. A dealer could technically begin the Form 4 process before they have the can in stock but if theres an error on the serial numbers thats a heap of problems. Thats happened to a member on here. Was it @Bypass?

This happened to me on my second can. Dealer caught the mistake about 4-6 weeks after the Form 4 was sent to be approved. They sent all the required paperwork and a new check (to try not loose anymore time in delays waiting on original check to return to send it back) to straighten up everything.
Was I upset? Yes, kinda
Did the dealer take care of it? Yes
All in all, it cost me about a month & half in delay of approval, but mistakes happen, the dealer owned up to it and corrected it. I still do business to this day with the dealer.

This happened to me on my second can. Dealer caught the mistake about 4-6 weeks after the Form 4 was sent to be approved. They sent all the required paperwork and a new check (to try not loose anymore time in delays waiting on original check to return to send it back) to straighten up everything.
Was I upset? Yes, kinda
Did the dealer take care of it? Yes
All in all, it cost me about a month & half in delay of approval, but mistakes happen, the dealer owned up to it and corrected it. I still do business to this day with the dealer.

Yup. Mistakes happen. Good on the dealer to get it resolved for you. I think they try to help out the buyer by submitting the Form 4 early saving you some weeks worth of wait. I guess sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesnt.

Back
Top Bottom