• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Septic alarm went off this morning....

BlackRifler42

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
151   0
Reaction score
Far from an expert here so i thought I’d ask you experts. So come home to check it, open the hatch and the pipe that sends it to the sewer line is vibrating(thinking that’s the pump at the bottom). Nothing is pumping out and the water is at the top of the line coming from the house. My brother is a plumber and he came over to check it but didn’t have his pump to pump it out. We’re thinking the pump may be screwed? But won’t really know until tomorrow till we can pump it out. My neighbor came out and said we have grinder pumps, so that sucks......more money. What do you guys think?

https://eone.com/

I've worked in a few neighborhoods where we installed these grinder pumps. They are generally used where the sewers will not gravity drain. I remember them telling me about all kinds of things that can screw up the pumps, dental floss, tampons, chicken bones, plastic,...

Yup, I almost bought in a subdivision until I found out the “sewer” was actually that system. New pump & installation I think was around $2k, and nothing but trouble from the neighbors. Land wouldn’t perc so I walked. Good luck OP.

Back
Top Bottom