• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SGT Bergdahl returning to regular duty

Also I think this is a good thing he is "returning" This means the formal investigation can now begin since he as been cleared by Doctors.

Absolutely correct....as I understand it, he has his first meeting with the investigators today.

Also, I heard someone on the radio say that he couldn't be charged with desertion because he left base in his uniform and that showed intent to return and that the most he could be charged with was AWOL. That seems ridiculous to me....does anyone know any different?

Seems the media had everyone mislead, and the internal military hearing found him NOT guilty of abandoning his post/colluding with the enemy.

So we believe the media on some things, but not others?

If a tribunal found him at no fault (likely because he was working for the "suits"), who are we to say otherwise, based on nothing more than hearsay?

Got a link?

Absolutely correct....as I understand it, he has his first meeting with the investigators today.

Also, I heard someone on the radio say that he couldn't be charged with desertion because he left base in his uniform and that showed intent to return and that the most he could be charged with was AWOL. That seems ridiculous to me....does anyone know any different?

That seems like a horrible justification for AWOL. Most people deployed only have military clothing. Especially in a regular line unit.

Seems the media had everyone mislead, and the internal military hearing found him NOT guilty of abandoning his post/colluding with the enemy.

So we believe the media on some things, but not others?

If a tribunal found him at no fault (likely because he was working for the "suits"), who are we to say otherwise, based on nothing more than hearsay?

The "tribunal" hasn't happened yet. He had to go through reintegration and now that he has been deemed "fit," the investigation can begin. I know it's hard to understand but him returning to active duty is good news. It means he can be questioned now.

That seems like a horrible justification for AWOL. Most people deployed only have military clothing. Especially in a regular line unit.

That's kind of what I was thinking.

It was a sound byte of some lawyer on WSB this morning as I was driving in to work. I don't know who he was or what his angle was but he seemed pretty convinced that desertion was off the table. He then went on to say that even AWOL would be tough because it would be impossible to conclusively prove that SGT Berghdal didn't have PTSD. He sounded like a really slippery sort.

alot of the guys who deployed in my unit had a decent amount of civis. nothing nice (since there were no night clubs to go to lol) but stuff like basketball shorts and tshirts and comfortable shoes were a regular item at the FOBs from what i had been told (i personally wouldnt know)

alot of the guys who deployed in my unit had a decent amount of civis. nothing nice (since there were no night clubs to go to lol) but stuff like basketball shorts and tshirts and comfortable shoes were a regular item at the FOBs from what i had been told (i personally wouldnt know)

True, all depends where you were. Which is why I threw in "most" I wore nothing but Civis. On the other hand the Infantry unit guarding our Camp never had on anything but Issued stuff. Even during free time.

They need to put this guy in a biology lab and study his DNA! He went form "in dire health", a crisis such that warranted multiple of the highest order of scum bag terrorists for his carcass, to "fit for active duty" in less than 60 days? That's some serious regeneration right there!

They need to put this guy in a biology lab and study his DNA! He went form "in dire health", a crisis such that warranted multiple of the highest order of scum bag terrorists for his carcass, to "fit for active duty" in less than 60 days? That's some serious regeneration right there!

How long does it take to recover from dehydration? Is it fatal?

Back
Top Bottom