• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Share deer secrets

Baiting in the southern zone is legal. This year I started using a product called rack rock and we are now seeing bucks that we had never seen before when just using corn.

i775.photobucket.com_albums_yy40_dixietoolz_Mobile_20Uploads_0922121332.jpg

Are you seeing them in the daylight too?

where did you buy the stuff from Dixie ?

Good old Wally world. I have never been one to but too much into the hype of these mineral attractants but since we started using it the pictures on our trail cams have tripled. The does seen to like it too. Heres a smaller 8 point standing right over the rock.
i775.photobucket.com_albums_yy40_dixietoolz_Mobile_20Uploads_0915121433.jpg

i50.tinypic.com_9qw5le.jpg

Right place at the right time. Marshallville Ga, not to far from you dixietoolz. No bait, scents, or calls.

Very nice. I have spent a small fortune over the past 20+ years trying every gimmick in the book and nothing ever seems to work for me. I may never get a shot at any of the big bucks because of the rack rock but I know it will get them to smile for the camera.

Very nice. I have spent a small fortune over the past 20+ years trying every gimmick in the book and nothing ever seems to work for me. I may never get a shot at any of the big bucks because of the rack rock but I know it will get them to smile for the camera.

A big buck is what you make it. "trophy" is a mindset. It takes lots of time and some people will never get the chance at a monster, while others see them on the first time out. I had one lined up last year that when I pulled the trigger the cheapo winchester ammo I was using went click instead of boom. Buck took off and I havent seen it since. It was the biggest deer I have ever seen and will probably ever see. It would have made the macon county top 5 for sure. With that said I do not use cheapo ammo anymore. Enjoy your time in the woods and be thankful to see deer period.

Every time a deer steps out in front of me im just as calm as can be. Taking my time zeroing in on them and preparing to take the shot. As soon as I pull the trigger though my body goes into something better than any high could ever achieve. Even when the deer drops right there in its tracks (whether its a doe or a buck) I begin shaking so bad that the entire stand shakes. I have to wait 10-15 minutes before attempting to get down. If I ever lose that feeling I think it will be time to call it quits.

Back
Top Bottom