• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sharing the road with bicyclists

I rode my bike 6 miles from King Springs to South Cobb Drive (and back home) 3 to 5 weekdays for three years mostly on the silver comet trail. Less than a mile was on the street. I would be dead if I had road on King Springs or South Cobb. I like my bike I love my van. Ga Cobb County and Smyrna overall are very bike unfriendly. I drive to my jobs with materials and tools daily so I dont do a bike anymore I do 17 mpg van.

That said.

It takes less energy to bicycle one mile than it takes to walk a mile. In fact, a bicycle can be up to 5 times more efficient than walking. If we compare the amount of calories burned in bicycling to the number of calories an automobile burns, the difference is monumental. One hundred calories can power a guy on a bike for four miles, but it would only power a car 250 feet !

Bikes make a lot of sense in a community that supports them (Ga does not and a law to share the road is about litigation and lawyer purse so means nothing for the safety of the rider ) in ODTspeak a bike vs car or truck is like sharpened stick vs loaded M-16) its a mute point. Dense cities Especially in Asia Europe have a common and positive pedestrian mentality where bikes are really one of many great alternate forms of transportation compared to a car. Folks in these communities pay for their footprint (living storing parking etc. in SF. They also see and taste air quality. The carbon foot print to produce a tesla is very high higher than a gas powered car- the footprint to produce a trek mb or giant TCR would breakeven at 90 miles

Tesla Model 3 (EV) vs Toyota Corolla (gasoline)
Lifetime vehicle miles traveled: 173,151
Fuel economy (gasoline): 33 miles per gallon (U.S.)
Curb weight: Model 3 - 3,582 lbs (1,625 kg), Corolla - 2,955 lbs
EV battery range: 300 miles

EV battery type: Lithium-ion
EV battery size: 54 kilowatt-hours (kWh)
EV battery cathode material: nickel-cobalt-aluminium (NCA)
Power scenario 1: 100% hydroelectric
Break-even point: 8,400 miles
Power scenario 2: U.S. average energy mix (23% coal-fired, plus other fossil fuels and renewables)
Break-even point: 13,500 miles
Power scenario 3: 100% coal-fired
Break-even point: 78,700 miles
MID-SIZE SPORT UTILITY VEHICLE (SUV)

Tesla Model Y (EV) vs Honda CR-V (gasoline)
Lifetime vehicle miles traveled: 183,363
Fuel economy (gasoline): 30 miles per gallon (U.S.)
Curb weight: Model Y - 4,416 lbs, CR-V - 3,337 lbs
EV battery size: 60 kWh
Break-even point: 9,200 miles
Power scenario 2: U.S. average energy mix (23% coal-fired, plus other fossil fuels and renewables)

Break-even point: 14,800 miles
Break-even point: 89,000 miles

if you want to ride a bike go some where they are bikes(Netherlands GermanybNorway or Sweden are awesome) or ride on the bike trail

Attachments

• Carbon-Emission-by-Transport-Mode-STI-Web.png
    Carbon-Emission-by-Transport-Mode-STI-Web.png
    34 KB · Views: 8
I think the worst road during the summer is 52 Hwy over my mountain. During the bike race Tour De Georgia the closed the road for the event. The bike riders are a pain in the ass, for locals like myself that live here. I believe 52 has the most dangerous road for biking in the state. They pay no taxes to ride and drivers have, (according to law) give them the right away.
I stopped at a four way stop and then proceeded to go forward and some pissed off African American on a bicycle came roaring through the four way stop pointing at his bike and waving his arms over his head like it was my fault that he ran through the four way stop without even looking in my way until I blew the horn at him to get his attention. If I had hit him I'm sure Jessie and Al would be in front of my house right now. Stop signs are for everyone, even the elite entitlement bunch.

I rode my bike 6 miles from King Springs to South Cobb Drive (and back home) 3 to 5 weekdays for three years mostly on the silver comet trail. Less than a mile was on the street. I would be dead if I had road on King Springs or South Cobb. I like my bike I love my van. Ga Cobb County and Smyrna overall are very bike unfriendly. I drive to my jobs with materials and tools daily so I dont do a bike anymore I do 17 mpg van.

That said.

It takes less energy to bicycle one mile than it takes to walk a mile. In fact, a bicycle can be up to 5 times more efficient than walking. If we compare the amount of calories burned in bicycling to the number of calories an automobile burns, the difference is monumental. One hundred calories can power a guy on a bike for four miles, but it would only power a car 250 feet !

Bikes make a lot of sense in a community that supports them (Ga does not and a law to share the road is about litigation and lawyer purse so means nothing for the safety of the rider ) in ODTspeak a bike vs car or truck is like sharpened stick vs loaded M-16) its a mute point. Dense cities Especially in Asia Europe have a common and positive pedestrian mentality where bikes are really one of many great alternate forms of transportation compared to a car. Folks in these communities pay for their footprint (living storing parking etc. in SF. They also see and taste air quality. The carbon foot print to produce a tesla is very high higher than a gas powered car- the footprint to produce a trek mb or giant TCR would breakeven at 90 miles

Tesla Model 3 (EV) vs Toyota Corolla (gasoline)
Lifetime vehicle miles traveled: 173,151
Fuel economy (gasoline): 33 miles per gallon (U.S.)
Curb weight: Model 3 - 3,582 lbs (1,625 kg), Corolla - 2,955 lbs

EV battery size: 54 kilowatt-hours (kWh)
Break-even point: 8,400 miles
Break-even point: 13,500 miles
Break-even point: 78,700 miles
MID-SIZE SPORT UTILITY VEHICLE (SUV)

Tesla Model Y (EV) vs Honda CR-V (gasoline)
Lifetime vehicle miles traveled: 183,363
Fuel economy (gasoline): 30 miles per gallon (U.S.)
Curb weight: Model Y - 4,416 lbs, CR-V - 3,337 lbs
EV battery size: 60 kWh
Break-even point: 9,200 miles

Break-even point: 14,800 miles
Break-even point: 89,000 miles

if you want to ride a bike go some where they are bikes(Netherlands GermanybNorway or Sweden are awesome) or ride on the bike trail

Attachments

• Biden.png
    Biden.png
    245.2 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom