• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sharing the road with bicyclists

Got it, only guys that ride to work do it only cause they got a dui

This is like arguing with a woman again.

I use a random/generic example of someone's possible reasoning for riding a bike on a major roadway, and you claim that I have said this as the status quo.

The term "strawman argument" has become overused. But this is the textbook definition of it right here.

The expression, "the dog that yelps is the one you hit." also comes to mind based on your strong resentment to that scenario. But maybe not.

I care not why they are on a major roadway on a bicycle, but am annoyed at the fact they are there to begin with.

Why is it that we are told to share the road but it’s only us in the vehicles sharing the road? Like dealing with liberals, it’s only the conservatives who are required to compromise. State law in Ga. Reads, only two bicycles abreast at a time, yet, many time as i drive I come across these huge swath of bikes just taking over the roadway. They break every traffic law that again, the state of Ga. Requires them to follow. Bikes are required to obey the same laws on the roadway as a motor vehicle. The only difference is they have amended the law to allow bikes on the sidewalks. So, many bicyclist are terrible road sharing folks and could give no care for you. They are Entitled! Just like everyone else from this next generation.

Why is it that we are told to share the road but it’s only us in the vehicles sharing the road? Like dealing with liberals, it’s only the conservatives who are required to compromise. State law in Ga. Reads, only two bicycles abreast at a time, yet, many time as i drive I come across these huge swath of bikes just taking over the roadway. They break every traffic law that again, the state of Ga. Requires them to follow. Bikes are required to obey the same laws on the roadway as a motor vehicle. The only difference is they have amended the law to allow bikes on the sidewalks. So, many bicyclist are terrible road sharing folks and could give no care for you. They are Entitled! Just like everyone else from this next generation.
I know 2 motorcycles can't ride abreast, they have to be in a staggered position.

From a ten year old thread....
Piling on....When crossing a very busy North South street in Chicago a female cyclist blew through the red light causing me to stop short, almost caused an accident. As she continued on she flipped us the bird. Nice. Two weeks later on my way to the gym I saw (one block South) her wrecked bike chained up to a lamp post with her picture and a bunch of cards, notes, candles etc. It was a memorial her friends put up after her death at that intersection. I laughed all the way to the gym.

And another thing! If I'm not on my moto I'm driving an F150. I put on a lotta miles up around Helen, through Roswell, Brookhaven, Buckhead you name it. Bicycle riders may delay me by maybe 5 minutes a day. Get over it! Do we want to be like the karens who lose their minds when they hear a gunshot in the woods?

I got tired of causing traffic backups when I was peddling my fat butt around on a bicycle, especially after the new Georgia law requires motorists to not pass me unless they could give me at least 3 feet of space (which is pretty much impossible without taking up the opposite lane used by oncoming traffic.)

So, I stopped using my bicycle on public roads and switched to a motorcycle with a 1.1 Liter engine & a speedometer that goes up to 130 miles an hour.

You're welcome.

(P.S. I wasn't entirely motivated by altruism and benefitting the car drivers.

I also like the new training regimen involved with the sport of cruiser motorcycling --eating a lot of greasy food and spending time in a reclining chair.)

It sucks. FTMF and their ghey azz pants.

IMG_3407.gif

And another thing! If I'm not on my moto I'm driving an F150. I put on a lotta miles up around Helen, through Roswell, Brookhaven, Buckhead you name it. Bicycle riders may delay me by maybe 5 minutes a day. Get over it! Do we want to be like the karens who lose their minds when they hear a gunshot in the woods?

This place is chock full of wig wearin, purse clutchin Karens.

Back
Top Bottom