• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sheltering in place...

Radar363

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
Unlike some of y'all I don't get to work from home or shelter in place so the Kung Flu doesn't get me.
Some of the posts here lately have me thinking I'm better off out here taking my chances than being locked up by myself...
I picture the average ODT member spending his time like this guy...

source (1).gif

Agreed.

I've been going in to work with a normal schedule the entire time and happy to do so. My wife has been working from home for almost a month and I'm pretty sure she's slowly going insane.

be0c5772eeb0e0b7db3bac08e23f7fb26cf0b523_hq.gif

Still going to work 7 days a week for me, and the wife is still going into work 5 days a week. The only thing that has changed for us, is no sitting down in restaurants and she can't go to the mall. She did have to cancel her spring break vacation with our girls, but other than that nothing has changed for us.

I live so far out in the boonies that we may see someone only if we have mail. Don't care much for public places anyway so it has only changed how and when we leave the house. We would go out maybe once a week now just once a month or so.

Lineman working for AT&T. Fiber splicer. Soon as the Kung Flu got heavy we were put on a 6 days a week work schedule, 10 hours a day. No longer splicing fiber unless it’s an outage or emergency. All hands on deck keeping everyone sheltering in place in service so I FTF with customers all day. Can’t really work with gloves on with 26 gauge copper and fibers smaller than a hair and those damn mask just fog your safety glasses and make your face sweat. I decided about a month ago, if I get it I get it. Wash hands, use sanitizer when the company can find it and try to keep distances. But..... We are required to ask the same questions to every customer. Any one been sick, been out of the country, been around any one that’s infected, etc. Most people will be honest, hopefully. But mama is home with little Johnny and Suzy all day. Streaming down, gaming down, internet down, Johnny and Suzy screaming cause they are bored and Mama hasn’t felt good for the last few days. Telling me the truth stands between me and sanity. You think she’s gonna be honest? Would you? Think about it.

Back
Top Bottom