• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shoot the hooch?

I was there Saturday with a group of about 10 people. We put in at Powers Island and pull out at Paces Ferry. Water was up, MUDDY and moving as fast as I have seen it.

We usually go a couple times a month when the weather is nice. You can always tell the newbies when you go out...No paddle...No sunscreen, and **** faced before they get to the jumping rocks

Haha. Don't need a paddle. That's where we put in and take out. Thanks for the help on the names. Yeah, Sunday afternoon was great.

Haha. Don't need a paddle. That's where we put in and take out. Thanks for the help on the names. Yeah, Sunday afternoon was great.

Not when you are going all lone ranger...Try tying 10 of you together and get back to me about that paddle.

Plus you were drinking Michelob ultra.....You obviously have a history of making poor decisions. :boink:

Last edited:
It's a public river. If they feel the need to criticize fashion out of low self esteem for being fat and stupid..hey they can knock themselves out. If they want to beat people's asses because of a swimwear choice, they'll learn a thing or two really quick. lol

I figured it was you.

Not when you are going all lone ranger...Try tying 10 of you together and get back to me about that paddle.

Touché. Very valid point. I lucked out at the end of summer last season. Got a INTEX tube raft at Kroger. A 2 seater that has a build in cooler in the middle for 20$. Usually around $50. It's held up for 2 seasons now with no leaks. Also have 2 of their singles. Pretty good quality

The last two times I've got there have been the guys in wife beaters, boxers and gym shorts below their ass getting popped by DNR for stopping at the cliff and smoking weed. It's funny to watch. Yesterday they had what looked to be a ounce on the hood of the car with about 6 people in cuff.

We ended up drifting on a group of 15. One of the dudes was turning up a bottle of vodka. Just chugging it. Later down the river we saw the same guy struggling to get back on his raft. I thought he was going to drown for sure.

Touché. Very valid point. I lucked out at the end of summer last season. Got a INTEX tube raft at Kroger. A 2 seater that has a build in cooler in the middle for 20$. Usually around $50. It's held up for 2 seasons now with no leaks. Also have 2 of their singles. Pretty good quality

That's exactly what we use except we got ours from amazon. Make sure you have a life jacket when you go.... they were writing tickets at the take out to everyone who didn't have them Saturday.

We are headed out again on the 26th if you want to come hit me up.... it's more fun with friends.

I floated with some friends on Saturday. Took us about 5 hours. Spent about 2 at the rock watching idiots smack their bare feet and underarms jumping in. Good times.
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_15_syzudabu.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_15_ajuguvy9.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_15_y5abe6yr.jpg

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_15_be5uta2y.jpg

I generally go as far up river as possible, in a yak to avoid the idiot tubers. When the water is clear it's depressing as hell to see the countless beer cans on the bottom. One of the greatest natural resources any metro area could ever dream to have and it's turned into the community dump for idiots. Well done! :thumb:

I agree. A 500 pound black lady wearing a leopard print bathing suit(epic) spilled her chick Fila mess everywhere. We got up the cups and paper. It's my big thing to always bring a bag and nab the trash that is still floating.

Back
Top Bottom