• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting deer in your backyard?

Key is articulate when needed

Police : sir you know it's illegal to shoot deer out of season ?
Hunter: officer , I was at fear for my child's safety as it was attacking my little girl had to put him down
But I will be glad to clean the mess up free of charge

Yep check with your county ordinances and you should be able to hunt if you're permitted to shoot as long as within legal distance from homes or roads.
A hunters safety course may be in order.
You don't want stray lead flying through your neighbors windows.
If discreet is what you're aiming for even if legal get yourself a nice crossbow and go out a couple hours in the evenings.
Make sure you practice your ass off so that your shots hit their mark as you don't need Bambi dying in some bleeding heart Marxist loving neighbors front yard...... Ooooooh that could get ugly.

if it is legal to discharge a firearm in your backyard, can you shoot a deer in your backyard? In season, out of season, always, never?
It's no different than any other place. If it's legal to discharge a weapon then you can shoot them during hunting season. Check the discharge ordinances for wherever you live. If they are a nuisance you can get a permit but it's no small task and I've never heard of one being granted for a single residential setting.
I can 'legally' shoot deer in my backyard during hunting season. From a PRACTICAL standpoint, I don't.

What are you going to do with is? I imagine a processing facility or taxidermist might have an issue with it being out of season?

I have a friend who has a nuisance, eradication permit that uses a processor out of season.
They enjoy the business off season as well so I've been told.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom