Shooting from Reset, bad or good?

Where are some? How much is it to get started for the first match?

Norcross Gun Club has one on Wednesday nights.
Cherokee Gun Club has one the first Sunday of the month.
Sandy Springs Gun Club and Bullseye in Cumming also have one.
South River Gun Club has one on the fourth Saturday of the month.
If you're seriously interested, PM me and I'll set you up with times and an online new shooter video.

Purely in an attempted to stir the pot... Why would anyone change there method of shooting if it works for them? And how much weight should you put behind advise from someone who has never been in a gunfight?

People love to throw out what they've read or heard, but as far as that goes I say ask someone who has actually applied their beliefs against something other than paper.

Simply stirring the pot, not directing at any particular author, or individual.

I'll play. Bill Rogers is the guy that professional instructors got to for training. Delta, SEALS, ERS/SWAT teams, etc. use him and his school for advanced technical training. He's also been in at least one gunfight that I know of. No gimmicks, no new high speed/low drag latest greatest really cool tricks. He simply teaches the basics that everyone should already know at a very advanced level.

I like shooting from reset on my Glocks.

With them, the reset is very clear to feel/hear. I am not sure about other pistols-since a lot of them don't have resets.

Works well for me.

(And as one of the earlier posters said "change makes for good job security." There is always someone coming out with the new "latest greatest" stance, trigger style, and so forth and so on. Whatever sells.)

Last edited:
http://www.thecraft.com/index.html
I suspect there is no question of the proven tactics at Craft.

http://www.appstraining.com/j-buford-tune-professional-resume.html
i personally have sat under Buford Tunes training and instruction.

I have seen new shooters, and experienced operators alike learn something new. I consider someone a fool who thinks they know it all but also take what some may say and adapt it to what works for me (or ignore them completely if they are only parroting someone else's unproven thoughts and theories).

Wheeler it'll probably be around jan/feb before I can start getting in on some matches, I'd like to try a 3 gun maybe mid summer for fun.

http://www.thecraft.com/index.html
I suspect there is no question of the proven tactics at Craft.

http://www.appstraining.com/j-buford-tune-professional-resume.html
i personally have sat under Buford Tunes training and instruction.

I have seen new shooters, and experienced operators alike learn something new. I consider someone a fool who thinks they know it all but also take what some may say and adapt it to what works for me (or ignore them completely if they are only parroting someone else's unproven thoughts and theories).

Isn't that the point of training? To learn what works for you? Not to take away from your references but I have never heard of either, so I can't comment one way or another.

It's been my experience that most people attend training classes to get some sort of 'proof' of what they already think, regardless of actual experience. I personally have tried to tailor what I study based on what I carry. If an instructor or group of instructors says that I need to get such and such gun and such and such gear to excel at their class I question their ability to teach anything but that platform. On the other hand there are a few folks that realize that most of us aren't taking walks in Mogidishu or kicking in doors for a living and teach accordingly.

I'll do a little research on the references you provided.

Wheeler it'll probably be around jan/feb before I can start getting in on some matches, I'd like to try a 3 gun maybe mid summer for fun.

The offer stands. Other than actually getting in a gunfight this is the best way I've come across to learn where we actually stand with our skills vs. where we think we are with our skills.

Isn't that the point of training? To learn what works for you? Not to take away from your references but I have never heard of either, so I can't comment one way or another.

It's been my experience that most people attend training classes to get some sort of 'proof' of what they already think, regardless of actual experience. I personally have tried to tailor what I study based on what I carry. If an instructor or group of instructors says that I need to get such and such gun and such and such gear to excel at their class I question their ability to teach anything but that platform. On the other hand there are a few folks that realize that most of us aren't taking walks in Mogidishu or kicking in doors for a living and teach accordingly.

I'll do a little research on the references you provided.

Very well put sir!

Chris Kyle (the craft) is pretty well known I am sure once you check the site you will recognize it.

I have a particular soft spot for Mr. Tune. He is a "been there, done that" old school southern cop with enough decorations to snap a Christmas Tree. As a young man he was the first to teach me Coopers Color Chart.

Back
Top Bottom