• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting glasses with transactional bifocals..... Anyone?

3clicks_Off

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
390   0
Reaction score
I've seen some safety glasses with bifocals but cheap and have a well defined hard transition.
Anyone know of a brand that has a smooth transition?

GO!

Don't remember where I saw the ad but I know someone out there is making glasses like you want...puts front sight back in focus but still gives good distance vision.
google is your friend

I have looked for the same. I would call them progressive reading glasses. I do not think that anyone make generic ones. I believe that pupil distance is critical in a pair that do not strain your eyes. There are several online glasses sites that make inexpensive progressive readers but you will need a prescription.

I shoot Action pistol matches and what I have found works best is a + 1.00 contact in my right eye. I can still see clearly in the distance with my left eye and I can just get the front sight in focus.

I have looked for the same. I would call them progressive reading glasses. I do not think that anyone make generic ones. I believe that pupil distance is critical in a pair that do not strain your eyes. There are several online glasses sites that make inexpensive progressive readers but you will need a prescription.

I shoot Action pistol matches and what I have found works best is a + 1.00 contact in my right eye. I can still see clearly in the distance with my left eye and I can just get the front sight in focus.
Yeah, progressive shooting glasses.
I couldn't think of that big ole word. Ha Ha

Im due for an eye exam and a new prescription for sure.

Don't remember where I saw the ad but I know someone out there is making glasses like you want...puts front sight back in focus but still gives good distance vision.
google is your friend
Google found some S&W dual readers.
1.5+ in top and bottom but unsure if I can see outta those duals. Prob give me a headache.

Still googlin

you might also try some shooting forums...I know I recently saw an ad or a thread where they were talking about a company making glasses specifically for shooters to put front sight in focus.

you might also try some shooting forums...I know I recently saw an ad or a thread where they were talking about a company making glasses specifically for shooters to put front sight in focus.
That's what I need.
I don't really use the rear, just front and target with pistols.
I can see out yonder but that front sight is getting smaller and smaller.
Fiber optic front helps and what I'm using now on my EDC.

Tritium is just a blurr now even with the rear blacked out.

I can still see my older 22 rifle sights but all those oldies have a high polish silver bead on front and black rear.

I'll check some shooting forums out

Back
Top Bottom