• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shooting with a can

The Old Jaybird

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
So what are the rules?
If I buy a gun with a threaded barrel, can I use a friend's can on it?
Does the friend have to be present when I shoot it?
When you buy a can and pay the legal fees is it yours and yours alone to shoot?

Will my buddy and I be going to the Gray Bar Motel??

Im not a lawyer but its my understanding that you can let someone at the range borrow your item as long as you are present. The only person(s) that are allowed to use your items without you being present must be listed on your trust.

So unless you're on your friends trust, yes he has to be present.

Yes when you buy a can and pay the legal fees it is yours and yours alone. Unless it is purchased by a trust and then the trustees are allowed to use the items.

If your buddy has the can he should also have the knowledge of what the rules are around it. But yes Lazarus Lazarus is correct, unless you are on the trust if you use or posses it you get a free stay at graybar if you get caught. That includes spouses, children, etc, if not on the trust, supervisor (owner) is required to be present.

with great power comes great responsibility! I guess I'll just continue to make a lot of noise when I shoot. Hopefully one day soon the laws will change

with great power comes great responsibility! I guess I'll just continue to make a lot of noise when I shoot. Hopefully one day soon the laws will change

The day the laws change you’ll wish you already had one haha. The prices will likely skyrocket as demand will eclipse supply for quite a while. People will be wishing they had done it before the drought. Just like ARs last year, and after sandy hook, and every other time someone wants them gone.

It is also my understanding that the owner also has to have the paperwork on the can in his possession at the range or where ever the can is being used
just keep scans of your stamps in PDF form in some web based server so you can access them on your smart phone....you don't need the physical papers on you.

It is also my understanding that the owner also has to have the paperwork on the can in his possession at the range or where ever the can is being used

In a way. You just have to be able to produce it if asked but it can be electronic format on your phone. I got mine loaded on my Google Docs so i can always pull it up on my phone.

Back
Top Bottom