• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shopping for Auto Coverage

I’ve looked up some averages across the US. What I pay seems to be along the lines of national averages.

Homeowners
2 autos
1 camper
blanket valuables coverage
Term Life

I guess I’m sticking to it. I can agree that USAA Service is outstanding.

We use traveller's. Our agent is great, Mitch Dennis out of loganville. We used to have state farm on vehicles and home but we tried filing a roof claim and though there was obvious damage seen by myself, two different roofers and an independent home inspector they denied the claim and I paid out of pocket for repair. State farm only offered $1500 on top of me paying my deductible for what really should've been a whole roof replacement. It took their checks to our old agent, ripped them in half in front of him and told him I was going to use someone else. Went with traveller's that day and dropped them. Better coverage and lower rates at that. I have heard state farm be called snake farm due to the business practices such as I described. Their vehicle coverage isn't as good as what I get through traveller's as well.

That is 100% wrong I have been in the industry for 42 years and Snake Farm has gone from best to worst. Snake Farm put every piece of aftermarket and used junk on a new Wrangler with less than 4k miles.
That’s interesting maybe it’s the adjuster and our manager. I was told oem only unless customer signs a waiver.

Contact an insurance broker. Let them shop the market for you free of charge. They are familiar with all companies prices and services and have no allegiance to them. Did it about 10 years ago and have saved a ton.
If you haven’t done it since you could probably save again

Just remember you get what you pay for. USAA has been great for me as far as customer service.
I agree. I've had State Farm, Nationwide, Cotton States, then Country Financial. EVERY year CS/CF went up and up and up, all I got was BS "it's repair costs, the economy, blah, blah blah......"

Got into two accidents (not my fault and the at-faults were insured by USAA) and both of them handled quickly and efficiently, repairs at the dealer of my choice - all done by phone. When my Country insurance agent tried to BS his way through more increases in my home and auto insurance I went to USAA because of prior service (had to fax a copy of my DD214 to get approved, but it went through quickly). Everything online, they deduct monthly payments and provide plenty of notice on anything and also are quick to respond, FWIW, any increases I've had for coverage have been minimal and reasonable. No bullsh!te from them I've gotten.

Back
Top Bottom