• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shot 2024 thread

Christensen Arms is releasing a line of bolt actions that are same “highway quality standards” as their other rifles, but MSRP under $900. 👍

However, they’re releasing a new (chassis system) 22lr bolt action that’s over $1000. 🤦‍♂️
To hell with CA.

Whelp, here I am in the dark again.

Why do we hate Christensen Arms?
1. Past scams. People were buying brand new "match grade" carbon fiber barrels from them, sending in their barreled actions for the re-barrel and CA was just pulling their factory Remington or what-have-you barrel, Turing down the center section and wrapping it in CF. Then CA would send em back to the customer saying it was the match grade aftermarket barrel they ordered and paid to have installed.

2. Their rifles are questionable, at best, in their accuracy and then when you have an issue, their "CS" essentially tells you to f off.

Historically, is S&W pricing scheme kinda like Ruger where the MSRP is like $1000 but street price ends up being like $300?
Or does their street price align pretty close to their msrp?
MSRP for a 642 is $539 and they sell for about $480. Guessing 10% off is pretty common.

1. Past scams. People were buying brand new "match grade" carbon fiber barrels from them, sending in their barreled actions for the re-barrel and CA was just pulling their factory Remington or what-have-you barrel, Turing down the center section and wrapping it in CF. Then CA would send em back to the customer saying it was the match grade aftermarket barrel they ordered and paid to have installed.

2. Their rifles are questionable, at best, in their accuracy and then when you have an issue, their "CS" essentially tells you to f off.

Well dang. That ain't good. I'm not in the market for their products but hopefully they can readjust themselves and be another net-positive contributor to the market.

I'm of the opinion that the more competition the firearms industry has, the better environment for us the consumer can be. But not when some are trying to cut corners and make us as the consumers suffer as a result.

I think I read somewhere of big leadership and staffing changes to improve CS and win back customers. They have a big hole to dig out of - they are in between "off the shelf rifle" pricing and "custom/semi-custom pricing" - their customers may drop down and buy Bergara, Tikka, etc. or move up to a custom.

Back
Top Bottom