• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotgun recommendations for teen girl?

What barrel length? Fixed or changeable choke? BTW she's 15 yrs old and been shooting 22 rimfires since she was 6. She handles my AR, sks and her Ruger American .243 very well.

CZ 920 comes with 5 chokes. My nephew shoots on a 4H shotgun team and most of the kids he's shooting with are using 28 inch barrels.

Take her to a skeet range or sporting clay range , the have rental shotguns, let her try a couple different ones , 26 to 28 inch barrel with screw in choke tubes , Remington youth model 1100 would work pretty well for her as she grows just add a thicker recoil pad , a nice o/u will work but 600 is wish for a lot in an o/u.. if you and her want to meet me at Garland Mountain sporting clay range I have an Benelli 20 ga im sure would fit her , but its not for sale , and they have rentals there ,

If you go O/U, then get 26" barrels, little less weight to swing.
They used to make the 1100 in a lightweight 20ga. That would be ideal I would think.
How big is she? pretty much adult sized or still a kid growing?

I've got one in 12 gauge that I've had for many years. Fixed modified choke and non ribbed barrel. Great gun!
great gun but not for skeet , she might get by with it on trap ,,,,,,,,, I saw a kids 4-h shoot down by lake Jackson and a few kids has some 3000.00 dollar o/u , a couple of them were dang good for there age.... the main thing it it has to fit HER , If it don't she will never shoot well with it

Back
Top Bottom