• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotgun recommendations for teen girl?

std or lightweight 1100 in 20 ga. one of the best shotguns ever made and used quit a bit in skeet matches.

I have a 12 gauge skeet gun from 1966 that has never failed..

get screw in chokes..

That's what we shot with in High School on the 4-H team.

I eventually went to a Red Label, but I didn't shoot any "Better."

That nice LT-20 I posted above would Straight Up be my choice if I had it to do over again.

There used to be professional Smiths that would "fit" a shotgun to the shooter: I also recommend that.

I'm resurrecting this thread. We went to Etowah Valley today for some instruction and to try a couple of different shotguns. She really liked the Benelli Ethos in 20 gauge, very nice gun just out of my price range. She did well hitting 42 out of 50 clays (I got her an hour of instruction). The instructor, Phillip, said she did much better than his usual first time shooters and she had excellent gun handling skills. I'm pretty proud of her. Now I have to find her a gun for Christmas!

I'm resurrecting this thread. We went to Etowah Valley today for some instruction and to try a couple of different shotguns. She really liked the Benelli Ethos in 20 gauge, very nice gun just out of my price range. She did well hitting 42 out of 50 clays (I got her an hour of instruction). The instructor, Phillip, said she did much better than his usual first time shooters and she had excellent gun handling skills. I'm pretty proud of her. Now I have to find her a gun for Christmas!

Not surprised she did well. Much of what she learned shooting 22s does carry over to shotgunning. Just variations on a theme.

That was my personal experience as well. Years shooting 22s before ever popping a cap on a shotgun. No problem making the transition to bird and duck hunting.

cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_02_Pigs_fly_courtesy_thehill.com_.png

Whatever this lady is shooting...

In your price range a 1100 wins hands down.

I have 2 girls shooting on a school team. Both now shoot 12 guage Beretta a400 with kickoff. The 14 year old just moved from a beretta 381 20 guage up into hers and loves it.

Whatever you decide add weight to it and get it to around 8 pounds.

Back
Top Bottom