• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotguns not allowed at indoor ranges

If it's Big Woods Goods, they don't allow steel cased rifle ammo anymore, not even if it's non-magnetic/range safe 7.62x39.
About a year ago or more, BWG told me that steel cased had to be non-magnetic. Perhaps that is their way of not dealing with steel cases from now on and getting more valuable brass. I got some "range safe" ammo just to use there.

The rebranded Hi-Caliber didn't care last time I was there.

I can’t recall ever having a shotgun do any damage to any of the equipment at Quickshot other than a cardboard target hanger or the target clip. Handguns? Look at the table tops and the ceilings right at the shooters table top. Bullet holes in the tables and ceilings. Most of our trolley/cable damage was done by our machine guns.

Double barrel shotgun. First round in the ceiling. Second round at the target. Train the way you fight.
IMG_5020.jpeg

I can’t recall ever having a shotgun do any damage to any of the equipment at Quickshot other than a cardboard target hanger or the target clip. Handguns? Look at the table tops and the ceilings right at the shooters table top. Bullet holes in the tables and ceilings. Most of our trolley/cable damage was done by our machine guns.
Yeah that’s how we were. Found holes in the roof.

Indoor range is the only place anyone ever said anything about my firearms handling. Another shooter asked if he could see a revolver that I was firing. When I was done I stepped away from the firing position and to the back of the room. I opened the revolver and placed my thumb between the cylinder and the frame and handed it to him pointing up. Just as he reached a range guy walked through and ripped me for unsafe handling. Didn't like it pointing up. I glanced up at the ceiling for the first time and was amazed at the holes in it. Didn't argue with the guy, apparently an unloaded gun had ate up his roof many times over.

Back
Top Bottom