• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotguns with "tactical" buckshot, different barrel lengths and options

Thanks I dont need engraved wood to plink or hunt and as little as I shoot rifles Id like the best bang for the buck. Ive "heard" the out of the box trigger on savage is great. Ill probably look into a 308 version since Im vested in that round. Maybe 6.5 cm if I decide to add yet another caliber to have to buy.
The Savage trigger solution is "unique". You might want to dry fire one a few times before you buy. Nothing wrong with it, but different.

It ain’t about engraving, it’s about fit and finish. Savage has their own way of doing things. To my eye, the result is clunky and ugly. The bolts have a lot of slop in them and I loathe the trigger. Buuuuuuut.........they shoot. No better than a Rem700, but they shoot.

It ain’t about engraving, it’s about fit and finish. Savage has their own way of doing things. To my eye, the result is clunky and ugly. The bolts have a lot of slop in them and I loathe the trigger. Buuuuuuut.........they shoot. No better than a Rem700, but they shoot.

I had the bolt hold screw on a near new 10LE(?) threaded 20” .308 factory Gun loosen causing the action to jam.

I’ll take a R700 over anything Savage.

Back
Top Bottom