• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shots fired, snakes down

Thankfully, most of them would rather run. I've heard that copperheads and cottonmouths can be more aggressive though. I remember one guy took out two big copperheads that were striking at his tractor. They didn't duck when they went under the bushhog.
Cottonmouths and Copperheads aren't just aggressive, they're down right MEAN! One of my nephews killed a 5' 1" Copperhead a couple of months ago after it bit his dog. The snake is bigger than it looks in the pic, my nephew is 6' 4" and the dog probably weighs 80-90lbs. He ended up killing 5 or 6 of these things in a 2 week period!

IMG_4447.JPG

Cottonmouths and Copperheads aren't just aggressive, they're down right MEAN! One of my nephews killed a 5' 1" Copperhead a couple of months ago after it bit his dog. The snake is bigger than it looks in the pic, my nephew is 6' 4" and the dog probably weighs 80-90lbs. He ended up killing 5 or 6 of these things in a 2 week period!

View attachment 1336881
Holly ****!!!!

View attachment 1336881

Wow - that many snakes of that size in one area- usually means one thing: Rodents and plenty of them. Rats mice, chipmunks etc. could be other food source as well. When you got a bunch of snakes, look for and eliminate their food source, because it will only attract more snakes down the road.

they mate twice a year. if they were both about that size they could have been challenging each other for a female and she'd be bigger. kill them, copperheads are responsible for most of the venomous snake bites in georgia.

Wow

View attachment 1336881
Wow, got mine beat.

Had a big brush pIle to clear. Should be good to go now...

they mate twice a year. if they were both about that size they could have been challenging each other for a female and she'd be bigger. kill them, copperheads are responsible for most of the venomous snake bites in georgia.
One was half the size of the other. Shot the big one first. Had em coming and going, just how I want to go out.

Back
Top Bottom