• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Should post this under STUPID STUFF

Cruisers460

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
75   0
Reaction score
From NRA.
Remember the republicans are considering the Governor of this state for a 2012 Presidential run!

Outrage Of The Week

Friday, April 01, 2011

This week’s “Outrage” comes to us from the Garden State, where insult has literally been added to injury for Mr. Jeffrey Muller.

This outrage was precipitated by an incredible case of mistaken identity. According to a recent story on the NJ.com Star-Ledger Editorial Page, Jeffrey Muller—a pet store owner from Sussex County, New Jersey—happens to have the same name as an alleged New York power broker. Unfortunately for Mr. Muller, his namesake ran afoul of five men from Missouri, apparently bilking them out of $500,000. The five thugs mistakenly targeted this Jeffrey Muller for revenge. They assaulted him, shocked him with a stun gun, and kidnapped him, driving him from New Jersey to Lake Ozark, Missouri. He was blindfolded, beaten and threatened with death. Fortunately, he was finally able to escape and the kidnappers were arrested.

Now back in New Jersey, Mr. Muller is understandably still shaken by the experience and fears reprisal from relatives of his abductors. He wants to protect himself, so he applied for a gun permit. He was denied. Twice. And the reason given for the denial? The Superior Court judge who ruled in the case said Mr. Muller provided “no proof of justifiable need” to carry a firearm!

Let’s make this clear: Muller was severely beaten, electrically shocked, abducted, held captive hundreds of miles from his home, threatened with death, and now fears future reprisals. And that demonstrates “no justifiable need?” That is outrageous!

From NRA.
Remember the republicans are considering the Governor of this state for a 2012 Presidential run!

Outrage Of The Week

Friday, April 01, 2011

This week’s “Outrage” comes to us from the Garden State, where insult has literally been added to injury for Mr. Jeffrey Muller.
Blah...blah...blah (added by me)

Understand your outrage - this is indeed folly on the part of the judge - what does it have to do with Gov Christie? He didn't make the law, the Democrats still control both Houses of the State legislature, and at least to this point, he hasn't been involved in any aspect of this case.

BTW - Gov Christie has stated several times now, in no uncertain terms, that he will not run for President in 2012. I hope he keeps his word because that is his main virtue - keeping his word - if that starts to crack then he will seem a lot less "attractive" as a candidate to many. He can run in 2016 or later if he wishes.

Gov Christie has stated several times now, in no uncertain terms, that he will not run for President in 2012.

I missed that, saw him touted as a candidate in the last week or so. The "Outrage Of The week' was the NRA's way of starting the article. As one who has to travel through New Jersey and New York from time to time I've never been happy with the laws there. None of there citizens that I know are very happy with them either.

Back
Top Bottom