• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shouldering a brace?

Oh I know this, and I know you know, but will the 12 people deciding your fate agree?

Good question. In today's lawless America, who knows? People should never be prosecuted for not breaking the law.

I don't see how proving a brace is legal should pose a problem. Getting the jury to comprehend the proof, on the other hand....

I am a lifelong gun nut yet the first time I saw an AR pistol I thought it was a SBR. This was 15 years ago long before braces were even thought of.

Someone had to explain to me that it was a pistol and even today I see them for the most part as a way to skirt NFA law, brace or not.

I agree. I always felt that AR pistols were born as a result of stricter guns laws. Just as the many small semi auto pistols that were created after the 10 round magazine limits. Back in 1989 when they banned importing 'assault rifles' we ended up getting AK pattern rifles as 'pistols'. There were firearms kind of along those lines before but they were not very successful. One example is the M1 carbine Enforcer pistol. Early AR pistols were many times made with standard buffer tubes that were wrapped with paracord.

The introduction of the Sig Brace always looked very skeptical to me as a way too get around SBR laws.

You can, with a straight face, tell me that you really don't believe a pistol brace is "pushing the envelope?"
Exactly, like this example:

www.ammoland.com_wp_content_uploads_2016_05_SBT_Adjustable_Brace_Release_Image_450x450.jpg

You can, with a straight face, tell me that you really don't believe a pistol brace is "pushing the envelope?"

For an Unconstitutional law, you should always push the envelope. Among other things it points out the absurdity of the law in the first place. And no this is not a suggestion to break the absurd and Unconstitutional gun laws.

Back
Top Bottom