• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shouldering a brace?

What's interesting to me about that is that CALE official called it a rifle. The AR in that picture is clearly not a "rifle." And since, as the article points out, Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Other were charged under state law and not federal, I wonder if those charges didn't get dropped? If the "rifle" was found in the car, it hadn't been shouldered....so there's no way it could ever be anything other than a pistol.
In my thinking the only way somebody gets arrested for shouldering a brace is if somebody like the jagoff RO in the other thread videos you, gets your information from somewhere and submits it to the ATF. Of course this is a possibility and I think there are a few in the "gun community" that would enjoy that.

They may even get a shiny commerative ATF badge in the process.

In my thinking the only way somebody gets arrested for shouldering a brace is if somebody like the jagoff RO in the other thread videos you, gets your information from somewhere and submits it to the ATF. Of course this is a possibility and I think there are a few in the "gun community" that would enjoy that.

They may even get a shiny commerative ATF badge in the process.

You mean like the CCTV cameras in most gun ranges?

The difficulty is, and what most folks willfully ignore, is that they won't go at it that way. They know they can't win that, so they will make you look like a weasel. It is, was, and always will be about intent with the ATF.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, clearly this man bought this "pistol brace" to circumvent the NFA and to avoid registering and paying his $200 tax. Please allow me to admit into evidence some of his postings from a website called theoutdoorstrader.com where he clearly shows willful disdain for not only the government but the homosexual community, blacks, and women."

Go ahead, shoulder that brace. No one's been arrested......yet.
Probably so, it will be interesting to see regardless. For me personally I would never shoulder a brace of any kind.

Right...but doesn't calling the AR in the picture a "rifle" "take away from Federal Law?"

I'm not arguing, I'm truly curious.

A state can have a law or regulation more restrictive than Federal law, but not less restrictive.

All sorts of examples. For example, Class III firearms, many states allow their ownership which is permitted by Federal law, a lot of states ban them, or certain classes of them.

Magazines, some states (Calif., N.Y.) have limits, Federal law does not.

So a state can ban or regulate "arm braces". Remember it has only been in the last year or or so that you could use a suppressor for hunting in Georgia even though doing so was perfectly legal under Federal law.

Back
Top Bottom