• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Show your Garands!

image.jpg
three garand

2 Mail order Service Grades arrived yesterday that were very nice!

The 5.4 million that I thought was an HRA is actually a 11-54 Springfield. I may make that my back up shooter instead of WWII Field Grade one I have now.

The 2.2 million has a WWII barrel and an SA rearsenal etching on the receiver leg. It has a WRA Trigger housing group and hammer that I'll put on one of my spare Winchesters.

As always the ME/TE gauged lower with my gauges than the CMP hang tag. I think they are either doing them so fast or their gauges are worn! No complaints here.
Don't think I could have hand picked better ones.

I did have a sticky note attached asking for USGI stocks if possible.View attachment 902028 View attachment 902030 View attachment 902032 View attachment 902033

Serial Number ME/TE Barrel Mfg /date Oprod Bolt THG Stock Sights Comments
2277977 ME1 TE3 SA 12-43 SA 19SA WRA DAS Newer SA-12-64 rearsenal
swap THG to WRA1

5409134 ME.5 TE2 SA 11-54 SA SA SA DAS Newer

I talked with the store manager about the hang tag TE & ME readings. He said most of the time they round up. So if tag says TE 2, it could actually be 1.5 or less.

Nice looking rifles you have there.

I talked with the store manager about the hang tag TE & ME readings. He said most of the time they round up. So if tag says TE 2, it could actually be 1.5 or less.

Nice looking rifles you have there.

Thanks, that is why I always bring a gauge to the CMP and any Gun Show!

Attachments

• M1 Stone ax gauge.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
That is something I have never owned. A M1 garand. I just always heard if you use the wrong ammo you get a bent operating rod.

Back
Top Bottom