• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shrimping on St. Simons Island

I grew up with a cast net in my hands or pushing a "john boat" through low tide for my Dad decades ago as he used a net while shrimping along the coast of SC.

I will not eat ANY imported farmed shrimp...only local wild caught local to the coasts.

Let me buy your old place with the fire tower.....
My landlord might sell it to you as well as the other two houses out here. He hates Peach Co and I have to say I feel the same. But there is a bamboo farm at the end of my road along with a house that started out as the FDA research center for Peach Co. That house was an office and built in the early 30s with thick concrete walls. It would make a perfect tornado shelter.
There is a grove of black bamboo out here which is probably the most popular. It grows very tall and big diameter. But the whole place is surrounded by agriculture and Lane Southern Orchards owns or leases most things around here. I don't know why this is called Peach Co when there are probably three times as many pecans harvested out here. And don't even think about picking up the pecans you find laying on the ground when you walk down the roads around here. Them belong to someone else and they WILL call the law about you picking them up.

Back
Top Bottom