• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

renault314

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
27   0
Reaction score
Sometimes preppers like to stockpile items that they may or may not need themselves, but may have more use as a trade item in a SHTF scenario. Coffee, liquor, cigarettes maybe.........or even ammo for common calibers that they may not have themselves.

My question is, instead of buying that 238th oz of silver and putting it in the safe.....what about a cheap gun?

There are a ton of people out there who just aren't going to have guns and ammo. maybe they have items or expertise you want to trade for, but they really just don't see gold coins as useful to them. without a gun they are unlikely to be able to hold on to the coin anyway.

You need a doctor and medicine for your kid, the doctor needs a gun to protect his family but you don't want to give away one of your good ones......

is it worthwhile to have a beat up but functional $200 m92 clone or an old 870 pump from a pawn shop with a box of shells up in the attic for this kind of scenario?

I'm stockpiling Yoo Hoo, Pop Tarts, and Wet Wipes. When I'm old, and the end of days has not occurred, at least I will have a crap load of stuff I really enjoy.

If SHTF I might trade my scar 17 for some of that there yoohoo. It's about the little things in life

Sometimes preppers like to stockpile items that they may or may not need themselves, but may have more use as a trade item in a SHTF scenario. Coffee, liquor, cigarettes maybe.........or even ammo for common calibers that they may not have themselves.

My question is, instead of buying that 238th oz of silver and putting it in the safe.....what about a cheap gun?

There are a ton of people out there who just aren't going to have guns and ammo. maybe they have items or expertise you want to trade for, but they really just don't see gold coins as useful to them. without a gun they are unlikely to be able to hold on to the coin anyway.

You need a doctor and medicine for your kid, the doctor needs a gun to protect his family but you don't want to give away one of your good ones......

is it worthwhile to have a beat up but functional $200 m92 clone or an old 870 pump from a pawn shop with a box of shells up in the attic for this kind of scenario?

booze, tobacco..great trade goods...clothing and food could be good too if you have a huge excess...nails, screws, tools if you have plenty...personally i would NEVER trade a firearm, ammunition, bow, arrows, spears, knives or any other weapon they could use against me...invite the doctor to join your group ;)

Back
Top Bottom