• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF--What happened?

These events play out almost daily in countries around the world. Take a look at Haiti, Libya, Syria, and the mess we caused in Iraq. All it takes is some evaluation of how things played out int hese countries to get a handle on how events could play out in other parts of the world. The difference, by comparison, is that Americans are weak, and unable to cope well without luxuries like electricity, grocery stores of food, and fuel for their gas thirsty cars.

Amen to that!

I think the most likely event will be a long, gradual decline into a severe depression. We have a horrible economy (only masked by the gimmicsk the gov. has been using since the Carter and Clinton admins to disguise true inflation) (They jack around with the unemployment stats as well.)

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data

(The most disturbing thing about these stats is that our gov is so comfortable just playing with the numbers. For example, "long-term unemployed" are just dropped from th unemployment data after a while. Just because they can't find jobs doesn't mean they don't want them, as the stat would imply.) I guess they don't want to scare people until stuff gets real bad, but won't that just make things worse?

This, coupled with the fact that unemployment is scary bad, and the fact that China will soon decide to stop lending us money will cause the dollar to completely implode.

-I am not sure where this all will lead, but I am convinced that the oil scenario and/or this financial trainwreck will leave the U.S. a very different place.

-Pray for me to be wrong.

Last edited:
^ I sure hope oil goes back to previous highs as well. We need some $8/gallon gas to re-structure energy consuption in this country--the US does consume 25% of the worlds energy resources..rediculous.

Last edited:
food and water is a must but also have guns and ammo I know if your on here you probley have gun but if not get some because if you have things the ones without are going to take yours I hope to have my fallout under groung hide out place built but if not get some good air pureifyers they will help for a while a good propane genarater and some gas next holding down west ga

^ There is always the option of continuing to suckle at OPEC's teat. That seems a little crazier to me my friend.

We are not using our own oil at the moment because OPEC oil is for sale. Regardless of the price, we will use foreign oil until it is no longer available. This will ensure that when the rest of the world is out of oil, the US will still have enough for at least 5-10 years of reduced consumption.

Back
Top Bottom