Silencer Shop now has the Silencerco Harvester in stock

Does it have to be timed since it has a brake on the end? Seems silly

No but I agree on the brake. As long as it did not increase the sound, I would have preferred they dropped the brake and shortened the can, but I am no silencer builder so what do I know.

Regarding the other comments on QD I am optimist, and I feel we will pass hunting with a suppressor either this year or next. Outside of the length, the Harvester is perfect for that application, but I plan to use it open spaces so I can live with the length. Weight is my first concern with a can, and this one fits the bill. Even QD titanium cans (once you factor in the weight of the mount) will weigh close to double the Harvester. I can also use this can on my AK, AR, 243, and 308, for around $600. To do the same with a QD can will cost me double or more. Plus I think the Harvester will be more robust from a rapid shooting session as compared to a titanium can - you know if I am ever faced with a heard of little piggies in the dark of the night. :D

I was ready to pull the trigger on a 30 cal Titanium can, but unless I see decibel numbers showing the Harvester to be loud, I am picking it up.

What? Why?
QD adds weight, cost more to mount on each rifle since you need threads and a mount, and QD cost more on a can.

This has pistons so you can swap it from one thread patern (5/8x24) to another (1/2x28).

Additionally, this is for hunting and precision rifles, so this eliminates some of the accuracy issues QD might cause

I mean nothing is wrong with threaded suppressors.... its just I almost broke an arm plus the rifle trying to take off a rocksett muzzle brake a few years ago. So the hassle of having QD and threaded suppressors is not worth the time. Taking on and off mounts is stupid. Thats why I preferred the Saker as it could mount on my AAC mounts. I don't ever have to worry about not able to mix match my AAC and Silencerco with my 2 AR15s.

I mean nothing is wrong with threaded suppressors.... its just I almost broke an arm plus the rifle trying to take off a rocksett muzzle brake a few years ago. So the hassle of having QD and threaded suppressors is not worth the time. Taking on and off mounts is stupid. Thats why I preferred the Saker as it could mount on my AAC mounts. I don't ever have to worry about not able to mix match my AAC and Silencerco with my 2 AR15s.
If you already have the mounts that makes sense

Saw this video posted on Arfcom. No sound measurement equipment, but it includes the Harvester along with the AAC 762SDN-6, Specwar, Surefire 762-RC, Thunderbeast, Specwar, and YHM Ti. I thought the Harvester sounded pretty good and definitely quieter than the Surefire before it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom