• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silencer Shop Suppressors

$.02

Agreed, opinions are like buttholes. That said, I'd recommend getting one rated for centerfire. Get one that uses some sort of brake so you can use it on multiple things simply by putting a brake on everything. That means you size by the largest caliber you intend to run through it. A 30 cal for example that's rated up to 300 win mag will easily handle 308, 223, 22LR.
And see, I would advise the opposite. Dedicated suppressors are where it’s at. Having 1 can for all types of calibers will never give you the experience and satisfaction of a dedicated suppressor. I started with 2 “do-all” cans and have migrated to enough cans for all my rifles, and a few pistols.

In for anyone who recommends a 45 can looking to get my first one for my fnx 45 tac
Octane 45, Osprey 45, TiRant 45. I have the Osprey on my FNX just because that’s what I bought. And it looks cool I guess.

But I wouldn’t recommend it. Just had to send it back for warranty work due to the centering lever.

82B63D57-5B6D-44A4-8EF5-6116E1898910.jpeg

And see, I would advise the opposite. Dedicated suppressors are where it’s at. Having 1 can for all types of calibers will never give you the experience and satisfaction of a dedicated suppressor. I started with 2 “do-all” cans and have migrated to enough cans for all my rifles, and a few pistols.

If you're gonna have one I'd take the approach I cited. If you are gonna have dedicated units on each gun, agreed........far mo betta' approach.

You will love any dedicated .22 silencer you buy from a name brand maker - Spectre II, Mask, Sparrow, etc. at 100 rounds a month, my advice buy the least expensive AND make sure it has stainless steel baffles (you can use a sonic cleaner for great results and not much effort.) For a novelty, look at the Bowers Bitty - worlds smallest silencer, no wipes, full auto rated and will amaze your friends.

When you are ready, you can look at amy of dozens of silencers for your needs, but you cannot go wrong with a good .45 cal pistol silencer. My preference is the Octane 45 - easy to clean and will handle .45 and below with ease. Prepare your budget to buy pistons no matter which silencer you go with. The Octane ships with one piston.

Round out your herd with a good 7.62 silencer for most all your rifle needs.

Bottom line is you will vastly enjoy shooting much more with at silencer... good luck!

Word of caution on them.

I got suckered into a "buy one get on free" deal and got screwed on the second can.

Even after I bought two NFA singke use trusts and two NFA stamps.

At $1400 all in - It was a great deal on two cans. Crappy useless deal for one.

After a song and dance for six months - I finally gave up and put crappy reviews wherever I could to warn people.

Carry on...

Back
Top Bottom