• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silencer Shop Suppressors

does anyone have the rugged oculus?

I do and love it. Quiet as a mouse fart with CCI SemiQuiets.

I recently looked for a Rugged 45 but can't find one anywhere.

I ended up buying the Silencerco Octane 45 2.0, but it does not come with a piston. On the waiting list again.

I recently received my Griffin Arms Optimus multi caliber and am a little disappointed.
It did come with a 9mm piston and a 30 cal. minimalist mount. It did not even come with a 9mm direct thread adapter for a 9mm cabine. And had to buy an adapter to mount it on a WASR. For what it cost could have included those.
Shot it the other day with 9mm 147 grain on a Glock 17. And on a WASR with 7.62x39 subsonic ammo. Hearing safe, yes, but not what I would call quiet on either one. Have to wait to find some 158 grain 9mm.

Think I will stick to dedicated cans from now on.

I have a SiCo Spectre II and love it. Rated for 22mag and 5.7x28 if you have a need. Start stock piling CCI standard velocity ammo as it makes a different in sound levels. Also, become an expert in cleaning your semi 22's as they are about to get real dirty with a can.

Halcyon.png
What’s some good ones on their site that is in stock for rimfire? First can.

https://www.silencershop.com/silencers/rimfire.html

Here it is in the short configuration

DRj0Ey7.jpg

I have a surefire Ryder 22a. It’s quiet and very light weight but I wish I would have gotten stainless baffles. Cleaning the aluminum is a pain. I just use “the dip” for mine. I know you aren’t supposed to on aluminum. I clean it once a year. If I get a few years out of it, I’ll be happy.

Skip silencer shop and go to Quiet Riot, or Barrows in Butler if you're down for a good ride. Both have suppressors in stock. I fourth or fifth the Spectre II as a first can as well.

I recommend the AAC Prodigy, but it’s OOS.
I wouldnt recommend anything AAC until they get their company figured out. My element has been in for repair since Feb. I suspect I can buy a new can and get it before i see my element again. Freedom groups financial woes really smacked them upside the head.

As for the OP. Get shielded baffles like the spectre 2, mask, oculus, element 2, halcyon, el camino or switchback. Will make getting the stack out of the tube a million times easier. I gunked my element 1 up and that's why it's in for repairs. In a moment of desperation and weakness I persuaded my blast baffle too hard and rolled metal over into the bore axis. Not brave enough to see if I can gut it the easy way.

I do and love it. Quiet as a mouse fart with CCI SemiQuiets.

I recently looked for a Rugged 45 but can't find one anywhere.

I ended up buying the Silencerco Octane 45 2.0, but it does not come with a piston. On the waiting list again.

I recently received my Griffin Arms Optimus multi caliber and am a little disappointed.
It did come with a 9mm piston and a 30 cal. minimalist mount. It did not even come with a 9mm direct thread adapter for a 9mm cabine. And had to buy an adapter to mount it on a WASR. For what it cost could have included those.
Shot it the other day with 9mm 147 grain on a Glock 17. And on a WASR with 7.62x39 subsonic ammo. Hearing safe, yes, but not what I would call quiet on either one. Have to wait to find some 158 grain 9mm.

Think I will stick to dedicated cans from now on.

thanks for the info, i think i’m going to get an oculus when they come back in stock

I wouldnt recommend anything AAC until they get their company figured out. My element has been in for repair since Feb. I suspect I can buy a new can and get it before i see my element again. Freedom groups financial woes really smacked them upside the head.
Odd, I sent my AAC SDN-6 in for recoating and they got it back to me really fast.

Odd, I sent my AAC SDN-6 in for recoating and they got it back to me really fast.
I need a new baffle on a legacy can. Requires tooling up for it which the 1 machinist they have is up to his eyeballs I'm sure. Just wish they would look at it and say yes, we will fix it eventually or no, we cant fix it here's the possible options. Hard to do on a skeleton crew. Just remembering the good old days when I got a free tour of their facility in Buford pre freedom group. Amazing how questionable corporate practices can cripple once mighty companies.

Back
Top Bottom