• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Silver eagles....back up the truck

moosensquirrel

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
The only company that lets you know your downside before you buy.

School me
Here's the spot price up to right now from JM Bullion. Right at $24.00 an oz. I believe the starting price on the OP's link was about $31.something an oz. So it's basically a $ 7.00 premium and gets cheaper in bigger quantities. That ain't bad considering lately I've seen Eagles go for $10.00 and $15.00 over spot which is stupid if you fall for it. Plenty of other well recognized mint coins selling for less.
On the other hand some see it like paying extra for Toyota rather than Nissan , Hyundai etc. You know buy once cry once. Eagles will most likely always resell for over spot price. But not enough over spot to justify what lots of bullion dealers have charged for them since Covid.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230802-193937.png
    Screenshot_20230802-193937.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 15
Here's the spot price up to right now from JM Bullion. Right at $24.00 an oz. I believe the starting price on the OP's link was about $31.something an oz. So it's basically a $ 7.00 premium and gets cheaper in bigger quantities. That ain't bad considering lately I've seen Eagles go for $10.00 and $15.00 over spot which is stupid if you fall for it. Plenty of other well recognized mint coins selling for less.
On the other hand some see it like paying extra for Toyota rather than Nissan , Hyundai etc. You know buy once cry once. Eagles will most likely always resell for over spot price. But not enough over spot to justify what lots of bullion dealers have charged for them since Covid.
What I would like to know........ in the grand scheme of things when do-do hits the fan ; the special price paid for said "special" coins ....... will you be able to command a premium price for said coin or will it 'be-only-be-worth' the weight in 'precious' metal only ...............

What I would like to know........ in the grand scheme of things when do-do hits the fan ; the special price paid for said "special" coins ....... will you be able to command a premium price for said coin or will it 'be-only-be-worth' the weight in silver only ...............

My opinion on the hypothetical situation that you bring up (I too have thought about this), is that maybe, just maybe early on, a “collector” may allow a little more on the eagles over others, but the longer a SHTF situation draws out, I think they’ll lose the collector value and it will come down to weight. With that being said, I think the longer that a SHTF situation rocks on, the value of a can of corn will increase more so than precious metals. That is of course my humble and uneducated opinion.

What I would like to know........ in the grand scheme of things when do-do hits the fan ; the special price paid for said "special" coins ....... will you be able to command a premium price for said coin or will it 'be-only-be-worth' the weight in silver only ...............
Silver and gold is heavy. So is copper, brass and lead but in the end at least copper brass and lead will be useful.

But who knows. In the end it is all a gamble.

Back
Top Bottom