• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silver eagles....back up the truck

I like the dimes at 2.00 each they are easy to trade Quatres and 1/2s are very desirable too.
For whatever reason the quarters usually have the most wear/silver loss. They must have been the most produced and circulated.
Until this year I would go to a place in Warner Robins called Wellston Gold and Silver Exchange and buy 3 halves and whatever else caught my eye. The lady who runs it knows I dig bars and would hold a few back for me. Last bar I got was a 1oz Englehard which has to have some age on it.. Englehard hasn't minted anything in a long time.

Gold, silver, paper money...just a tool to help facilitate trade. If you have Hershey bars and nylons but I am looking for flour and beans, but you are looking for ammo and gun powder, it is tough for us to come to a meeting of the minds for trade. Involve more people and we might find the guy with chickens is willing to trade for nylons. If another merchant has what we are both looking for, he puts a 'physical' price on it - 1 ounce of silver. No problem, I have 14 silver dimes. we trade. It serves as a medium for trade.

I don't pretend to be any kinda economic expert. But my thoughts on this are that we don't have any idea what the SHTF scenario will look like. It could be just a complete financial system collapse in which case any type of barter goods will be very necessary. And that's where I believe metals would be useful. Now in a complete collapse of society then metals wouldn't have much value. Although at some point when some type of order is restored eventually then paper money would probably be looked at pretty much the same as Confederate dollars.
But your point is valid. Metals are just a small part of being prepared.
ChiComs hack into our infrastructure grid.

No electricity, no water, no EBT bennies at the Walmart for 7 days and America will be done. It'll make the riots of 2020 look like a kindergarten cookies and cupcakes party.

For some reason dimes are the most popular followed by halves. And nobody seems to like quarters. I have some of all of them but I always seem to go for the halves and preferably Franklin halves. It just takes forever to fill a box with those damn dimes.
The dimes will be more readily fungible just like .22lr ammo.

750 and 1000 ml bottles of Jack are nice to have but 100 ml bottles are more easily traded. I buy them by the case.

The dimes will be more readily fungible just like .22lr ammo.

750 and 1000 ml bottles of Jack are nice to have but 100 ml bottles are more easily traded. I buy them by the case.
I have a box full of pints and half pints of nasty **** like Taaka Mr.Bostons and Canadian Mist. Somewhere in the over packed shed as I recall.
I have seen shrink wrapped 10 packs of the tiny airline bottles of Fireball. I don't like it but everyone else seems to.

After stocking bullets and TP i started picking up few silver rounds for some of the reasons others have stated.
I have been giving my niece and nephews silver eagles at Christmas and bdays since they were born. I figure if they ever get in a tight when grown up they can sell them. Beats wasting $ on dolls and vid games.

Back
Top Bottom